my miniSD card came out of my M3 while playing...

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by xhaborymx, Jul 30, 2006.

1. xhaborymx
    OP

Newcomer xhaborymx Advanced Member

United States
    my girlfriend was playing her old DS with the M3 miniSD. i guess while she was playing she accidentally pushed the SD card and it popped out. now her ds won't turn on. i tried switching the batteries and powering it up, and nothing seems to work. is this ruined forever? or is there some way to solve this problem? thanks for any and all help you can offer me.

2. Renegade_R

Member Renegade_R Audio/Video Expert

Canada
    You have to further explain the problem...take the batteries out for half hour...plug it in...see what happens...I doubt the M3 would have touched the firmware.

The DS should have just crashed...the only other explanation would be the M3 shorted all your circuits and killed the innards...but that's highly unlikely

3. omegatr0n

Member omegatr0n GBAtemp Regular

all i can comment on is that when i have my ndsl turned on and i put teh supercard into it restarts

4. xhaborymx
    OP

United States

i tried leaving the battery out all night. this morning, still nothing would happen. i even tried plugging in the DS without a battery in, and still it wouldn't turn on. which i guess means that the M3 shorted out all the circuits. has this ever happened to anyone before? if so, the M3 isn't really that great. i mean, it's not too difficult to accidentally push on the SD card while playing. thanks anyway.

5. cornaljoe

Member cornaljoe GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Yeah looks like your DS board was shot. My neice had the same problem when she put her DS in her purse with no games inserted. When she took it out there was a penny in the DS slot and another in the GBA slot. The DS never turned on after that. Nintendo will repair it for free if its still under the 1 year warranty. You don't even have to pay for shipping. And they renew the warranty for another year! It was sent on Monday and got back by Friday. Nice service they have!

6. xhaborymx
    OP

United States
    yeah, except there are two problems with that. first of all, she has the pink japanese DS, and i don't think nintendo's warranty service will still be good for an exported system. also, it was flashed with flashme, so i'm sure they won't be happy about that.

interestingly enough, if it makes a difference, it turns out her charge cable is shot. i tried plugging her ds into mine, and the charge light briefly lights up. i'm starting to lean toward the fact that the charge cable was responsible just as much as her pulling out the sd cart and putting it back in while the DS was on was. thanks for all your help. i guess we'll have to look into getting nintendo to fix it. thank you.

7. neojei

Member neojei GBAtemp Regular

United States
    What you could do is buy another DS from a place that will ask no questions when you return it, and swap the main boards, then return it... I would feel pretty guilty doing that, but I guess my mind is corrupted enough to think of things like that, heh.

8. lenselijer

Member lenselijer GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    you could open it up and fix the fuse that is blown on the motherboard...

9. YodaBoy

Newcomer YodaBoy Member

Australia
    " you could open it up and fix the fuse that is blown on the motherboard... "

hehe, that’s if it even has a fuse in there.

If it shorted out there is a slim chance a capacitor popped, easy enough to fix if you know what type. But you would have smelt it if that happened.

Its more then likely a trace burnt out, that might have been fixable 15 years ago but now with multi layer boards and such tiny traces... good luck.

did any one think to try an original game and a different charger?

10. leoedin

Member leoedin GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    the old DS's definately have fuses - have a look on google [​IMG]

11. falco123

Member falco123 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Wonder how this works. I have a slim SD, and I "ejected" the card while playing Castlevania. I could move around for a bit, but when I did any other action, the game froze. It was cute; reminded me of the good NES days. Everything was fine, though....how could that even mess anything up?

12. RuroKami

Newcomer RuroKami Newbie

Canada
    My MiniSD card has popped out on me when I stuff my DS in my pocket. I was playing Tetris and it just froze. Turned it off and turned it on and everything was fine.

13. GameDragon

Member GameDragon Mugiwara RAWR!

United States
    Yes, the same thing always happens to me also.