Hacking My micro SD crapped out on me

cutter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an R4 and a 2GB Kingston micro SD. I was playing it for a little bit, then an hour later, when the R4 booted up, it told me there was an error in the micro SD. I tried again and again, nothing. I tried to view the files on a computer, it can't read them. I've examined the micro SD, there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with it... No scratches or anything, but it's dead.

Is there any way to get it to miraculously work again? If not, (sigh) recommend me a new micro SD and a place to buy it cheap.

Thanks in advance.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Some things to try:
  • Right click the card in Windows Explorer/My Computer, click "Properties", then the "Tools" tab, then check for errors.
  • Format the card (full format, not quick format)
  • If that doesn't work, try formatting the card in a camera if possible. Several people have reported that their camera could format the card even though Windows wouldn't.

cutter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't give me the option to format it. I'm gonna have to buy another one. At least I'll get to see what the insides of a micro SD look like.
biggrin.gif

Seriously though... Need a recommended micro SD and/or place to buy it. Which ones work better than other ones? The one I used had problems in Elite Beat Agents, it froze consistantly when I played September on hard mode, making it impossible to progress.

Minor issue, but I may as well ask.

Icarus

fire walk with me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
None of the above worked for me. I couldn't try the camera thing cuz my camera has CF card =/

I guess I'll just get a new card or talk to ADATA and tell them to send a new one..

cutter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the 3rd corrupted MicroSD issue today. I see a pattern here xD

This was posted a few days ago.

Aggh... Sucks because I'm stuck in Australia for the rest of the summer without consistant internet. I get less than a week of vacation in America before school sucks, and most of that time will be spent preparing for school. I hate Australia, and I have to stay for another month without my R4 working...

I mean, I COULD look for a micro SD here, but it might not be one that I want, it'll be way more expensive, and I won't be able to upload all my skins and files fast enough without broadband.

I'll just order one when I get back home... T_T

qwertyasdf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It doesn't give me the option to format it. I'm gonna have to buy another one. At least I'll get to see what the insides of a micro SD look like.Â
biggrin.gif

Seriously though... Need a recommended micro SD and/or place to buy it. Which ones work better than other ones? The one I used had problems in Elite Beat Agents, it froze consistantly when I played September on hard mode, making it impossible to progress.

Minor issue, but I may as well ask.

They say Sandisk is better than Kingston, but I don't know.. Sandisks are all Taiwan stuff so it against the "japanese microsd = good" logic. But if you were to get one, you can get one from http://us.emvee.ca/, that's where I got my Sandisk 2GB.

chemistry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
poop. while testing out colors it froze up. rebooted and r4 hangs at the loading screen. when i put it in my computer says nothings in the flash drive. hmph. oh and i got a kingston 2gb

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
poop. while testing out colors it froze up. rebooted and r4 hangs at the loading screen. when i put it in my computer says nothings in the flash drive. hmph. oh and i got a kingston 2gb

Had the same problem twice. Used a phone to format the card both times, and the card continues to work today (Toshiba 2GB)

chemistry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
good thing i didn't get deep into my games and everything i need is backed up. i'm gonna make sure to back up my ssaves from now on.

cutter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, let this be a lesson to everyone out there.

Back up all files on your micro SD at least once a week. You never know.

basilisk900

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some things to try:
  • Right click the card in Windows Explorer/My Computer, click "Properties", then the "Tools" tab, then check for errors.
  • Format the card (full format, not quick format)
  • If that doesn't work, try formatting the card in a camera if possible. Several people have reported that their camera could format the card even though Windows wouldn't.

What if the check for error isn't working. When I did it, nothing happened. Is that suppose to happen or does something appear when an error does exist? Also, how does the camera format the card? Does it do it automatically cuz I got memory card error instead.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn