My micro sd card won't add/remove files on my 3ds. Any fixes? (Homebrewed 3ds)

SpamtonGSpamton

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Adding any file or Removing any file from my sd card doesn't work (Ex: CIA or 3dsx files). There are several times when I've checked if it had any storage issues but the sd card is not full. Fbi won't even help. Neither do Qr Codes work since my 3ds camera refuses to work. Any solutions? I hope formatting the sd card isn't the solution. I've always wanted to play ORAS!

SylverReZ

GBATemp's Tech Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Neither do Qr Codes work since my 3ds camera refuses to work.
The camera in the 3DS might be dead, the ribbon cable is extremely fragile and can break very easily if you drop the system. Time to replace the camera if you can find the right part.
Post automatically merged:

Adding any file or Removing any file from my sd card doesn't work (Ex: CIA or 3dsx files). There are several times when I've checked if it had any storage issues but the sd card is not full. Fbi won't even help.
If you are running Luma3DS on a SysNAND, backup all of the files from your SD card, reformat the SD card to 'FAT32' (32kb cluster), then try adding some new files over to see if it works.

SpamtonGSpamton

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The camera in the 3DS might be dead, the ribbon cable is extremely fragile and can break very easily if you drop the system. Time to replace the camera if you can find the right part.

If you are running Luma3DS on a SysNAND, backup all of the files from your SD card, reformat the SD card to 'FAT32' (32kb cluster), then try adding some new files over to see if it works.

SpamtonGSpamton

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thanks for the advice. However, i have 1 more question, how to i backup all my files?

SylverReZ

GBATemp's Tech Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Where is the hard disk
Create the folder in "My Documents" or on your 'Desktop'. Your hard disk is usually letter C:.

Might have write protection.
If you're using a regular sized SD card or microSD to SD adapter that is. They haven't specified what 3DS model that they are using, as the later new models only use microSD cards so I'm not 100% sure on that one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...