My medical condition finally got the best of me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinekto

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just curious, but, would Xuphor be able to add members of the temp in the game? Does she have any interests in doing so? Because that would be pretty cool :3

Don't have the foggiest idea. If so, maybe she could actually get voice recordings of them saying lines from the game, so it could be fully voice overed. I really have no clue what she'd think of that idea though, I really don't know pretty much anything in terms of her gaming preferences and the like.

Of course, it would also depend on what the members say. I'll call a moderator here about this idea, the same one that helped her in the first place with this thread for his/her (assuming his) opinion.
p1ngpong
Please read my comment on the previous page: http://gbatemp.net/threads/my-medic...ot-the-best-of-me.350870/page-24#post-4728952 Up through now and tell me what you think of my idea. :)

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Don't have the foggiest idea. If so, maybe she could actually get voice recordings of them saying lines from the game, so it could be fully voice overed. I really have no clue what she'd think of that idea though, I really don't know pretty much anything in terms of her gaming preferences and the like.

Of course, it would also depend on what the members say. I'll call a moderator here about this idea, the same one that helped her in the first place with this thread for his/her (assuming his) opinion.
p1ngpong
Please read my comment on the previous page: http://gbatemp.net/threads/my-medic...ot-the-best-of-me.350870/page-24#post-4728952 Up through now and tell me what you think of my idea. :)

I think xuphor should focus on recovering from her surgery first and foremost. From what you say it sounds like she is in a state of delirium still which is understandable so tinkering with familiar things (like rpg maker) on her laptop is probably a way for her to adjust back and recover.

Making a game of even the smallest scope is a big task for anyone, nevermind someone who was on the brink of death and has had major organs transplanted days ago. When xuphor is fully recovered and at home I am sure she will know exactly what she wants to do with any projects such as this. Having a second chance at life through what basically amounts to several miracles occurring to her at the same time, once she is up and about she might just decide life is worth living and not worth wasting in front of a computer. So I would fully understand if nothing comes of this once she is back on her feet.

Until she has fully recovered discussing and planning, making threads for, etc something like this is quite honestly ridiculous. Really now, what are we even talking about here? She didn't sprain an ankle, she had a lung transplant for Gods sake, it could take her weeks or months to recover.

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, p1ngy.

I hope that whatever I say: don't take it from heart, it doesn't mean to offend you or anything.

We all are completely aware and upset of her condition, and most certainly are happy that things are increasing to be better for her. Yes, she's in a bad condition still, but we are praying for her well being. As of now, her game she made is a good idea, and I personally, honestly think it's okay if we just discuss how it can be made or whatever. But yes, you are correct that she should focus on her health, which we all should be doing, too. But again, we are not going to organize the whole thing in a jiffy now, and we are just discussing how it can be cool on what it can be made as of.
For now, IMO, I think its best that discussions are over, and we focus on Xuphor. There was enough, but whatever you say.
Again, I'm really apologetic if you felt I was speaking to you in a negative attitude, but there is no intention from me that way.

Kinekto

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Until she has fully recovered discussing and planning, making threads for, etc something like this is quite honestly ridiculous. Really now, what are we even talking about here? She didn't sprain an ankle, she had a lung transplant for Gods sake, it could take her weeks or months to recover.
Frankly I disagree that planning is rediculous. As you mentioned, she was given a second chance at life essentially, and she's always been a gamer and a computer user. I know she'll keep at this because I know her. I still think it might be something to discuss in the case she does continue the idea.
Also, it's a good thing she's always been a computer geek, because despite the fact it may take several more weeks or months to recover, being on the computer reguarly will be something she'll probably be able to do again as soon as maybe the middle of August. As she's still recovering from her transplant, it would give her TOOOONS of time to work on the game, if she chooses to continue it.

Also:
once she is up and about she might just decide life is worth living and not worth wasting in front of a computer.
I'm not a game maker or anything, but even I know that the people who make the models/programming/etc of games like Zelda, Mario, are happy in their jobs and don't feel they are they are "wasting [their lives] in front of a computer". It's obvious you care about my sister too, but she's wanted to be in the game making business since she was in Kindergarten, and she'd never consider all the time she's spent working on those 3D models she does as wasted time. The only thing not computer related she might do more often after she gets back to her house is Jet-ski (or whatever the non-brand name is for that), as she really enjoys it and hasn't been able to for the past couple or so years.

I'm not trying to give you attitude or anything like that, but I really think you just don't understand how much she truly loves and spares her time for gaming, be it 3d models, playing games, or finding ways to earn money to improve her computer.

ComeTurismO is right on this one. She's on the road to recovery, but it'll take a long time with nothing we can realistically do in the meantime, as we are not the doctors, nurses, etc. She'll be on her computer a lot of that time during her recovery, and knowing her, she'll be working on that game she said.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Hey the buck doesn't stop with me, you are all free to discuss and plan whatever you want. It just seems to me that you are all jumping the gun with this at this stage considering you are saying xuph is still so ill she can barely even watch TV without throwing up all over the place.

Kinekto

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey the buck doesn't stop with me, you are all free to discuss and plan whatever you want. It just seems to me that you are all jumping the gun with this at this stage considering you are saying xuph is still so ill she can barely even watch TV without throwing up all over the place.
Well, I'm trying to think of her future, the bright side of things. If all I did was focus on the negative sides of things (like that), then I would be in extreme depression right now, as would she. Even the doctors and the like told us to focus on the positives and think of future plans. They said it was to think of the outcome of all this, but I'm pretty sure it was more related to keeping our sanity after all this.

Also, sending you a PM. It's not related at all to the game making thing, it's just something I think you should know.

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I think xuphor should focus on recovering from her surgery first and foremost. From what you say it sounds like she is in a state of delirium still which is understandable so tinkering with familiar things (like rpg maker) on her laptop is probably a way for her to adjust back and recover.

Making a game of even the smallest scope is a big task for anyone, nevermind someone who was on the brink of death and has had major organs transplanted days ago. So I would fully understand if nothing comes of this once she is back on her feet.

Obviouslly focusing on recovery needs to be her 1st priority (and it already is.. as Kinekto said, the time per day that she uses messing with RpgMaker is minimum.

Yesterday when she got out of ICU, you could say she was on a "state of delirium".. ..wanting to do a game may still be a extent of that state? meh ...maybe ..but I really don't care on speculating about that (don't think it matters).

Discussing about this game is totally irrelevant by now? ...I don't think so. It's a subject to talk about as any other else.. ..if Xulphor continue to support it the days after, good ...if not, good.

Making a thread for this at this point in time is ridiculous? ...I wouldn't use those words, but I also think it's not the time. When Xuphor gets on her feet, she could give her final thumbs up about this project, and then having/making a new thread.

But planning things now about the possible new thread, like asking to mods about the possibility of "unsticky this thread and sticky her new game project thread" and other stuffs ...seems legit to me..

Edit: yup.. P1ng pointed something on that line in his last post..

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
xuph is still so ill she can barely even watch TV without throwing up all over the place.

Well to be fair, with the current state of the shows on TV, most people have a hard time holding back their lunch when watching it.

All jokes aside, I am glad to hear she doing better, I mean one can't expect her to be fully recovered in a few days, but better is always, well better. ^_^
Although recovery is a slow process, it's going to be all worth it once she's fully recovered and back up on her feet!

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well to be fair, with the current state of the shows on TV, most people have a hard time holding back their lunch when watching it.

She probably saw the Jobs commercial...I lost a couple organs and most fluids in my body when that popped on.

Kinekto

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know, her entire bed is on wheels, as are most beds in hospitals. I'm heading down there now, and I'll ask the nurses what they think about the possibility of wheeling her to an area with internet besides the cafe. If they think she's ok to do that, and if she actually wants to go herself (of course), then maybe with the nurses and me wheeling her bed she can find an internet spot in the hospital that doesn't block GBATemp.

Heading down there now, I'll see what they say. If they and her both want and agree to, she might be posting later today herself. It all depends on the nurse's permission and if she actually wants to.
If she ends up not wanting to or the nurses say no, I'll update ya'll later tonight, as usual.

WhiteMaze

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You know, her entire bed is on wheels, as are most beds in hospitals. I'm heading down there now, and I'll ask the nurses what they think about the possibility of wheeling her to an area with internet besides the cafe. If they think she's ok to do that, and if she actually wants to go herself (of course), then maybe with the nurses and me wheeling her bed she can find an internet spot in the hospital that doesn't block GBATemp.

Heading down there now, I'll see what they say. If they and her both want and agree to, she might be posting later today herself. It all depends on the nurse's permission and if she actually wants to.
If she ends up not wanting to or the nurses say no, I'll update ya'll later tonight, as usual.

Awesome.

Lets hope the nurse is feeling generous today :creep:

nukeboy95

Old skool member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

could you use a smartphone and tether her computer so she can view the temp?
or ask Costello for a proxy that's not blocked

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
When life gives you lemons, go sell them and buy a Mountain Dew.

Just made that up, but the wisdom within is free. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well then show them how to scratch it (this is a verbalase joke)