My Media Apps are freezing. Any Idea why?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Syren, Apr 29, 2011.

Apr 29, 2011
  1. Syren
    OP

Newcomer Syren Newbie

United Kingdom
    Hi,

Just downloaded WiiMC through Homebrew Browser and M player. Neither of them want to play a region 2 DVD. They get so far and freeze. Tried them both a few times with same result. Am I missing something?

Thanks

2. techboy

Member techboy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Does it play DVDs that are not region 2?

And when you say "They get so far", how far? Do you see any of the content on the disc (e.g. logo, menus) before the freeze? If not, your wii may have a D3-2 or D4 drive (which can't play movies.)

3. Hells Guardian

Member Hells Guardian GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    as techboy pointed out that may be your problem but if the drive can play DVD's and backup games then make sure you have IOS 58 installed then reinstall the l;atest HBC to make sure it's running from 58 and then run the latest WiiMC and it should work perfectly.

4. Syren
    OP

Newcomer Syren Newbie

United Kingdom
    Hi Again

The WiiMc is playing region 1, haven't tested M player as yet. The WiiMC gets to telling me it's loading and then there is no response.....can't use wii remote and have to turn the blank screen off on the console.
    Will get back to you on the M player.

5. Syren
    OP

Newcomer Syren Newbie

United Kingdom
    Follow up to my last message. M Player isn't playing Region 1. Latest Homebrew (downloaded and installed a few weeks ago). I'm 4.3e. Used Battax to install. Iso 58 running (in yellow on Iso Manager).
    I notice there are different versions of M Player. Have I got the right one for my console??

6. Hells Guardian

Member Hells Guardian GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    just make sure you have the latest revision of Mplayer CE and of WiiMC then give it a shot. I have no further idea as to what could be wrong....

7. SifJar

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    WiiMC isn't great with region 2 DVDs in my experience. The only DVDs I have successfully played on my Wii at all are region 1 imports.