wiimii

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
hi ,
my friend decided to foolishly take on the job of soldering his wiikey his self with no soldering experience ,

however in the process he lifted pads 4, 5 and 6 , to make the situation even worse he then tried soldering to the traces of the pads he at the ic legs , but he has smothered a load of solder and bridged at least 3 legs on the ic lol,

i said i would try to see what i could do with it , however i cant get the solder off from in betwen the legs ,

as you all know it needs to all come off then i can start to repair this disaster properly

the solder is sort of wedged in between the ic legs and wont come out
unsure.gif

his wii is in a rite state , any ideas as to how i can remove the solder thats wedged right in there , i mean it goes right down to the board and covers 3 legs as i mentioned

thanks in advance , wiimii

wiimii

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
update:
i tried but i could not remove the solder its too hard bye the time ive heated it up and then tried to suck it up it just wont budge

, if i keep at it , im risking burning the board . so i guess he has an unmoddable wii , unless he can find someone else willing to risk burning the board

oh well, proves you should get a pro to do it , or even better do it yourself if you are a pro .(unlike my mate lol)

wiimii

Awdofgum

Wadofgum
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well it goes to show another reason not to mod your consoles. I have never moded my own consoles although i have helped some friends mod their consoles. But I prefer un-moded consoles. Plus you void your warranty
tongue.gif

Awdofgum

Wadofgum
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh I see...
That would take a lot of patience to de-solder. I think it is possible if you are really careful. You, I mean your friend should probably get in touch with a professional and maybe he will help.

helba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I repair everything on the wii, and accept shipped orders, ask around for my service, or just check my site, www.phuongmods.com, even Nintendo has heard of me
biggrin.gif
, minimum repairs start at 50$ and max for any job is 100$ you pay shipping both ways, and I think it's easier to ship to Canada then the UK
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1