my mates screwed his wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by wiimii, Jul 21, 2007.

Jul 21, 2007

my mates screwed his wii by wiimii at 2:56 PM (1,001 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. wiimii
    OP

Member wiimii GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    hi ,
    my friend decided to foolishly take on the job of soldering his wiikey his self with no soldering experience ,

however in the process he lifted pads 4, 5 and 6 , to make the situation even worse he then tried soldering to the traces of the pads he at the ic legs , but he has smothered a load of solder and bridged at least 3 legs on the ic lol,

i said i would try to see what i could do with it , however i cant get the solder off from in betwen the legs ,

as you all know it needs to all come off then i can start to repair this disaster properly

the solder is sort of wedged in between the ic legs and wont come out [​IMG]

his wii is in a rite state , any ideas as to how i can remove the solder thats wedged right in there , i mean it goes right down to the board and covers 3 legs as i mentioned

thanks in advance , wiimii

2. Hooya

Member Hooya GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Desoldering wick, desoldering pump, and loads of patience. Not sure if there's any more advice I can give you...

3. wiimii
    OP

United Kingdom
    ok thanks thats what i thought to do i just wondered if there was another way easier ,, ahh well better start and see what i can do

4. wiimii
    OP

United Kingdom
    update:
    i tried but i could not remove the solder its too hard bye the time ive heated it up and then tried to suck it up it just wont budge

, if i keep at it , im risking burning the board . so i guess he has an unmoddable wii , unless he can find someone else willing to risk burning the board

oh well, proves you should get a pro to do it , or even better do it yourself if you are a pro .(unlike my mate lol)

wiimii

5. Awdofgum

Member Awdofgum Wadofgum

United States
    Hmmm... That can't be good.
    Can you get pictures of it?

6. wiimii
    OP

United Kingdom
    could well of done mate but allready built back up

any how thats his problem hes coming round to pick it up now

not very happy as you would imagine ,

7. jaxxster

Member jaxxster The Heretic

United Kingdom
    He screwed his wii? Surely that cant be good for it, Next time suggest to him to screw a girl?

8. Awdofgum

Member Awdofgum Wadofgum

United States
    Well it goes to show another reason not to mod your consoles. I have never moded my own consoles although i have helped some friends mod their consoles. But I prefer un-moded consoles. Plus you void your warranty [​IMG]

9. djgarf

Former Staff djgarf I Am A Raver

United Kingdom
    tell him if he wants it fixed by a pro then get in contact with the cheekymonkey!
    he is a top guy and a extremly good modder/fixer

http://www.consoleworkshop.co.uk

10. wiimii
    OP

United Kingdom
  11. Awdofgum

Member Awdofgum Wadofgum

United States
    Oh I see...
    That would take a lot of patience to de-solder. I think it is possible if you are really careful. You, I mean your friend should probably get in touch with a professional and maybe he will help.

12. helba

Newcomer helba Advanced Member

Canada
    I repair everything on the wii, and accept shipped orders, ask around for my service, or just check my site, www.phuongmods.com, even Nintendo has heard of me [​IMG], minimum repairs start at 50$ and max for any job is 100$ you pay shipping both ways, and I think it's easier to ship to Canada then the UK [​IMG].