My M3s are here! (Also: M3 Real?)

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by daroga, Feb 3, 2007.

Feb 3, 2007
  1. daroga
    OP

Newcomer daroga Member

Hey everyone,

Well, I had had a DS-X for a few months but soon wanted to find a GBA solution as well. Finding them to be too pricey to justify the cost, I looked at possibly replacing the DS-X with another solution. I ended up selling the DS-X and being able to get both an M3 Simply and an M3 Lite for about $60 out-of-pocket--then selling an old F2A cart and linkers to a swell guy and getting $35, so total out-of-pocket expense was around $25.

They just arrived yesterday, but in my little playing around with them I really, really enjoy them. The one issue is that the Micro SD cards seem like they're very delicate, but I'll adjust. I can't believe how crappy the DS-X build quality seemed compared to retail carts and the M3 Simply. The plastic felt like paper in comparison. I've very happy I switched.

Just a question for you all. The M3 Simply seems to be a pretty good Slot 1 solution. What are supposedly the benefits going to be of the M3 Real over the Simply?

2. Mewgia

Member Mewgia drifter

United States
    I think that the Real is supposed to be a fully-functional slot-1 card that lets you play NDS homebrew and games, with an integrated slot-2 cart that lets you play GBA games and homebrew via built-in RAM. Essentially, it should be like having your M3 Simply and M3 Lite work together, at the same time, from the same menu. I think the main benefit over your Simply and Lite combo will probably be that it will cost less than $120 ($45 for the Simply plus $75 for the Lite)

3. nds_gamerz

Newcomer nds_gamerz Advanced Member

United States
    yes these microsd cars are very DELICATE. the card reader that m3 provide is not a push type. so you just slide it in. just don't really push it in. man you don't know how many i cracked and returned to BB and wally world. so please be careful with those microsd guys.

4. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    yeah carful with microsds. mine snapped when i pulled it out of an adaptor too roughly.