My LoZ Spirit Tracks save file SOLUTION

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by wilsonramal, Dec 24, 2009.

Dec 24, 2009
  1. wilsonramal
    OP

Newcomer wilsonramal Member

Peru
    Sakura converted my sav file to 1mb, but i lost all of my progress,... then i red somewhere that Touchpod still uses your old sav file, so i loaded the game in Touchpod with my backup save, and the sav file was converted to 1mb without losing my data [​IMG] Now i can run the game on Sakura [​IMG]

Tell me if this solution works for you too .

Anyway, i have a 1mb sav file just after finishing the snow temple. Here! File Name : Link
    ( For those who lost their data using Sakura 1.45 )

***** AMPonzi solution might work also, using this File Padder and specifying 1048576 bytes for the sav file size.

2. Densetsu

Former Staff Densetsu Pubic Ninja

United States
    If this works, you may have just saved Christmas! [​IMG]

Fortunately I haven't lost any data from the update, but this might help a lot of people. Thanks!

3. DeltaBurnt

Member DeltaBurnt I'm bored

United States
    So what this will do is convert your hacked save to work with Spirit Tracks easily?

4. KamuiX

Member KamuiX GBAtemp Regular

Greece
    WOOOORKS!! Just tested it. Why m3 didn't just use an easy solution like that?!?!?!?! Padding. But of course they want converters and stuff that destroy saves and game compatibility.

5. Deathstryker

Newcomer Deathstryker Member

United States
    Wish I read this before starting up Sakura first. I was at the Sand temple and lost my game. Don't think I made a backup.

6. Densetsu

Former Staff Densetsu Pubic Ninja

United States
    I'm at my family Christmas gathering and I just tried this on 3 of my cousins' M3DS Reals. It works like a charm!

The only problem is that I think the save file causes DiskCheck to freeze when you try to boot Sakura. If you get locked out of the firmware, use this to disable DiskCheck.

7. Jaylen

Newcomer Jaylen Member

United States
    i used the fsutil to create a blank save file for spirit tracks a long time ago before all of the hacked save files...funny thing thats all it needed a 1 megabye (windows definition) file to save...im downloading the update now...i wonder will i lose my data if the save fies match?...i really wont care though, i havent beaten phamtom hourglass yet and i just tried spirit tracks to peep at it...haha...i wonder what improvements will be in this update (fingers crossed)

8. dhjohn

Member dhjohn GBAtemp Regular

United States
    After noticing the new save Sakura created was 1mb, I wrote a little c++ program to pad my save to 1mb, and it worked fine. Glad I made a backup of my card before updating.

~dhjohn