Hardware my local game stop had a wii u display set up today...

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i was buying something there. but sadly i did not have time to try it out... i just came and bought what i need but i did stand and look at it for a minute. look cool enough. i'm going wait for a bit to get one... probley next year for my b-day maybe... anyone else seen wii u displays yet?

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My first impressions were how unremarkable the console looked in person (which was no accident according to N), and how gigantic and luxurious the controller looks and feels.

Nintendo's being strange again. There's no stopping them now. :P

That's one thing I love about Nintendo, you have no idea what to expect from them. Each console they release always offers something new no matter whether it's the type of games being innovative, or how we'll play the games. To me, they're the last ones in the game industry who are still being innovative. Instead of just going with a basic controller set up and what not, they went for.. well.. basically making a bigger version of a DS.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can confirm that the Gamestop at the East Side mall in Madison, WI has had a WiiU display set up for at least 2 or 3 weeks. First played Rayman Origins on it like 2 weeks ago (only playable demo on the system). It was certainly fun, but they could definitely choose a better game to first showcase what the WiiU is capable of. Rayman didn't utilize the second screen enough in one player mode for me to be excited by the feature (despite the fact that I am indeed very excited by the second screen on a console).

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Played the shit out of the one at my Gamestop. Also makes me sad Rayman isnt a launch title, and that I have still yet to play Origin's either.

The controller is like the perfect mix of being freaking massive, yet being perfect. Kind of like the 3DS XL, it just feels.....right

gamer765

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm so sad to bring bad news but, (S)Apple will sue Nintendo for making the Wii U with round edges.
What is it with all the hate? Please go back to your butthurt Samsung circlejerk group.

Back on topic, My local Best Buy had the Wii U display with the Rayman demo. I must say, it looks gorgeous, too bad the display unit they had wasn't functioning correctly.

naved.islam14

Gbatemp's Official Dark Knight™
Trophies
XP
Country
What is it with all the hate? Please go back to your butthurt Samsung circlejerk group.

Back on topic, My local Best Buy had the Wii U display with the Rayman demo. I must say, it looks gorgeous, too bad the display unit they had wasn't functioning correctly.

It wasn't hate there, it was the opputunity of a joke being used.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Also I gotta say, that's the best, firmest resistive screen I've ever used. It feels almost like a capacitive screen, except it's compatible with styli. I hope any potential future 3DS revision/successor uses the kind of screen the GamePad uses.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0