Doomsday Forte

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You know, I heard about the clearance at Toys 'R Us and I decided, what the hell, let's go see if it's in-store. It was, for games too. And to my surprise, I found the game I came there to get, Zack and Wiki. I figured, I've heard good things about it, so what was the harm in $10? I decided to look around a bit more, and I found Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria for $19.99. Remembering that I hadn't physically seen it that low ever, and that it was now impossible to find even in the local Gamestops, I decided to pick it up too. $30 for two new-condition games that I at least had interest in certainly wasn't bad either. That and VP2 was the last copy they had from what I could see, so I easily justified my purchase.

I get to the register, and while the guy is ringing up my games, I pull out two $20s from my wallet in preparation for the purchase as I only had three of them on me.

"That'll be $17.xx."

Not wanting to call out this obvious error, I pay with one $20 and walk out with the games in-hand. I check the receipt and apparently both games were like $7.88. A bit of a surprise since both games were marked higher than what I expected to pay, but especially so for VP2 since it wasn't even in the bargain bin or had anything to show it was clearanced. And I got 20% off of both games' clearance price of $9.98 or whatever. Hot damn.

So, I think I'm going to call the store tomorrow and ask if they have any more secret deals like that. =P And yeah, I noticed they had a price checker thing in the store, but I couldn't get it to scan the barcode due to the plastic case they put on all of the games, so I wasn't able to spoil the surprise for myself so to speak.

NeSchn

Swag.
Trophies
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
Country
United States
I would but I don't have money and the nearest Toys R US is a good half hour away from me. I want some crazy deals
frown.gif

Doomsday Forte

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The Toys 'R Us I went to was about 45 minutes away, but I didn't go just for it (I was in the area anyway so...).

I didn't call them but I'm not particularly worried. Given that I have two new games, and then every other game I haven't beaten yet both bought and downloaded...I have a few years of solid gaming to sate me for a little while. ;P

The game in question I've been wanting to try/get for way cheap is Soulcalibur Legends for the Wii. It was $19.99 on the sticker price but if it's like $10 or something, I won't mind getting it. I haven't heard much about it other than it's gotten generally bad reviews, but what the hell, it's a game for absurdly cheap (or so I hope), what's not to like? We've all been there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: @Sonic Angel Knight :bortz2: