My Life as a King DLC

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by eyeball226, May 13, 2009.

May 13, 2009

My Life as a King DLC by eyeball226 at 1:28 PM (3,897 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. eyeball226
    OP

Newcomer eyeball226 Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    I don't fancy paying what'll probably end up nearly £20 for all the My Life as a King DLC so I had a look around to see what there was in the way of WADs. I'm pretty confused by what I found, there seem to be many many versions and I can't work out which is best. I'm playing the PAL version of the game on a PAL Wii but I can only find NTSC WADs and I get the impression that they're not proper releases either, so can someone explain to me what state the piracy of MLaaK DLC is in?

2. Bladexdsl

Member Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    don't use ntsc wads they won't work.

3. Alexrose

Member Alexrose Untitled

United Kingdom
    Use Freethewads.

4. Bladexdsl

Member Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    the DLC isn't worth even downloading anyway IMO. at least you won't do my mistake buy it all and than get sick of the game in a week [​IMG]

5. Freudian Lemur

Member Freudian Lemur GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    EDIT: Accidental post

6. eyeball226
    OP

United Kingdom
    I got the impession that some if not all of the WADs with the DLC were buggy in some way, I was wondering if someone could clue me in as to what the situation with them is. Is there a particular version I should look out for? Also I'm not sure freethewads will help because even if I use an NTSC wad, I've already been playing the PAL version for quite a while.

7. mikeyt1998

Member mikeyt1998 YouTube Glitcher

United Kingdom
    i used the NTSC my life as a king when it was released, the file was with DLC too.

when i first played it and went to dungeons, there were alot of different ones right round the outer regions of them map and when i went on gamefaqs i found a map which explained that some of the dungeons i could see were DLC dungeons.

funny thing is, they were hard mode dungeons that i could see, but since it was my first play through i shouldnt have been able to see them because you start on normal difficulty (i think, it might be easy actually)

anyways, when i progressed a little bit, these dungeons became accessible even on normal mode, but when i explored them then turned the wii off, when i came back to the game it only gave me the option to gain experience. and in a high leveled dungeon like lv50 or something, the exploration rate is hard to increase by just choosing gain experience. so theres one bug.

another problem with it is that when you turn the wii on after playing a dungeon that should be inaccessible it will turn the exploration level back to 0.

they're the only 2 i can think of at the moment. and i think thats all of them lol

only other thing was that i couldnt download any content because it was an NTSC game and my shop channel is PAL/ UK lol but i had the DLC Dungeons anyways so i didnt need that...

oh and if it wasnt obvious, i'm on a pal wii lol

8. eyeball226
    OP

United Kingdom
    Hmm, thanks for the warning. Think I might leave the DLC for now. [​IMG]

9. mikeyt1998

Member mikeyt1998 YouTube Glitcher

United Kingdom
    alrighty, i think the extra dungeons add a bit of challenge [​IMG] too bad there isnt an easy way to change the games save otherwise i'd change it and use the pal one...

well, thats even if there is a way to change. if anyone has a way then PM me [​IMG] (can hex edit and shizz dont wory XD)