Hardware My laptop's screen is coming off!

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
I was using it on my lap, and accidentally kicked the bottom of the screen while changing positions, and this happened! Is there any way of fixing it?
It's an ASUS X555LB laptop.
IMG_20161219_205514.jpg

Jack Daniels

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I was using it on my lap, and accidentally kicked the bottom of the screen while changing positions, and this happened! Is there any way of fixing it?
It's an ASUS X555LB laptop.
View attachment 72477
crock or duck-tape?
joking: replacedirect might help you out with a new frame or if you still have waranty check the stores options.
although that's a dutch shop... ebay might sell something alike...

Last edited by Jack Daniels,

Jack Daniels

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Last edited by Jack Daniels,

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is that actually a crack? In the shot I can see something that looks closer to snap/locking tabs and don't see a typical plastics fracture surface, to that end it well have popped out when it got booted and a bit of pressure could get it back in.
That said one of the possible snap tabs might be broken so there is that.
I did try watching a screen replacement video but they were more interested in replacing the screen than showing detail for the hinges, and a generally disassembly did nothing either.

Finding replacement plastics can be a pain. It would probably fall under the term bezel if you wanted to search the likes of ebay, though hinge covers is another option. I am far too lazy right now to hunt down an official parts list/manual. Alternatively if someone is selling one as a parts laptop (no ram, battery, hdd, no working screen...) you might find it on there.

If that is tricky then we can talk about plastics repair methods, none are particularly great though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: :whip: