my laptop runs faster when plugged in

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware, Devices and Accessories' started by Feras2002, Jun 20, 2016.

1. Feras2002
    OP

Feras2002 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 13, 2016
    United States
    deez nuts
    i want the same preformance when the laptop is unplugged or charging and ive set everything to max prefrmance but still lags as usual o NARUTO ULTIMATE NINJA STORM 4

2. CheatingSoi

CheatingSoi Graphic Designer

Apr 4, 2007
    United States
    Wisconsin
    I've never heard of that. But it could be a setting in the BIOS. I know my laptop was set to limit the CPU usage when in tablet mode. I couldn't figure out what was going on. It was super sluggish. Then I found there was a setting in the BIOS and that took care of it. I'd give that a shot.

3. raystriker

raystriker Alpha PC Builder

Dec 28, 2011
    India
    Bloomington
    Basically, check your windows power settings. The culprit is sure to be there.

TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  4. Mikemk

Mikemk GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 26, 2015
    United States
    If you have an SLI laptop, sometimes, they can't provide enough power to run both cards from battery, in which case the solution is to add a second battery (jury rig it in) and clean install your GPU drivers.

5. Orangy57

Orangy57 bruh

Aug 17, 2015
    United States
    I used to actually have that problem so I'd leave my laptop plugged in all the time, but then I realized it was just a Windows Power setting to limit CPU usage on battery, so by the time I found out, it was too late. My laptop battery was completely out of juice and it can't run anymore. Now I have to keep it plugged in at all times. :(