My kingdom for a pizza

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Lali ho.

To cut a long story short, I'm bored. So here's a blog on recent events to kill the time. I'll try to keep it brief, I know I tend to ramble.

- Life at home sucks. See, my dad and older brother cook every night since I'm usually at work. The problem is that my brother is obsessed with mince and thus only ever makes chilli or spaghetti bolognase, and my dad has no taste buds at all so what he considers to be a good dinner tastes like carpet fluff. And if I wanted to eat carpet, I'd get a date. Simply put, I am sick to death of constantly having to eat the same crappy recipes. It's even worse with my brother because he's a chef. And yet he only ever cooks two recipes, both of which I've long since gotten sick of. Normally I use a portion of my wages to stock up on alternatives, thus escaping their dreadful cooking. But regretably that hasn't been possible this month because my outgoings have been much higher than usual. So I'm stuck with this crap until the 17th. Christ, I swear I'd kill for a cheeseburger right now. I have no money whatsoever though, so I'll have to wait til pay day next Friday.

- Life at work also sucks. The boss borrowed an expensive drill from my dad to put up some new signs like, two months ago. I've been asking him to bring it back for weeks but he always has some excuse. Now it's missing. Ergo my dad's looking to storm in and yell in the morning, which knowing my rotten luck will probably cost me my job. Of course if that's the case his ignorance will cost him his life when he finds my katana rammed through his chest.

- My psycho ex girlfriend's birthday is tomorrow and as a result she showed up at work today to bug me. Like I'm supposed to have got her a present. To clarify this for those new to my blogs, we broke up nearly 4 years ago because she cheated on me, even after I somehow found the strength to forgive her first indiscretion, and has been annoying my companions and I ever since. Thankfully our security guard's pretty on-the-ball so she was ejected for causing a ruckus before she really got going.

- I FINALLY heard news about the gloves I ordered off eBay over a month ago. Evidently they were lost in the post 'cause they're still not here, but after contacting the seller he's sent me another pair free of charge, this time sending them with a tracking number and the fastest delivery he could arrange this close to Christmas, so hopefully they'll arrive before February.

- When I do get paid on Friday, it is my sworn intent to replace my ocarina. See, I have one which is kinda cheap and nasty but it does the job. But truth be told the tone isn't all that great. So I've been checking out a couple. One is of course the replica of the ocarina of time, with the platinum band with the gems. The other is called the Dragon's Tooth, which is...well, it's hard to describe so here, click this.

http://www.songbirdocarina.com/zelda-ocari...;category_id=13

The Ocarina of Time.

http://www.songbirdocarina.com/dragon-tooth-ocarina

The 'Dragon Tooth'.

If my paycheck is epic enough I might just buy both, along with the songbooks and pouches to keep them in. It'll be my Christmas present to myself, I suppose. No games I want right now, and lord knows I've earned a treat after those trips to Luton. I could die happy if I knew I never had to go back to that smeg hole.

Oh, and I found this on the website. It's freakin' sweet. There's another vid on there of someone playing the music from the cantina scene in Star Wars on the Dragon Tooth.

- I'm still getting letters from Hitachi Capital claiming I owe them £5k. I'm tempted to send them a letter back. Well, I say letter. That might be a bit generous. It'd probably be more along the lines of a note saying simply 'FUCK YOU'.

- The boss made the idiotic mistake of making me clean the staff room yesterday. Of course we had no cleaning cloths so I couldn't really do much. So out of boredom I wiped dirt off the mirror with my finger to spell out 'Romanes Eunt Domus'. Cookie for anyone who gets the joke. Which I suspect will cost me a lot of cookies.

Anyway, it's nearly 11PM here so with any luck my dad will go to bed in a few minutes. When that happens I can gofetch myself something more edible than the swill that ass hat produces. Hell, I'd settle for toast at the minute. Maybe with a little cheese. Anyway, toodles.

Blaze.

Blaze163

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ripandsip said:
how long is ur ex girlfriend gonna stick around? just wonderin

Until my temper finally fails me and I go Black Ops on her ass. IE: shoot her in the face with a crossbow.

Just looked at the total cost of those ocarinas. To buy both with a decent pouch to carry one of them, plus decent speed international shipping, is going to cost me about £162. But to be honest it's something I've wanted for a while, I already have enough games to last a few years, and it'll leave me enough to get my food between paychecks so fuck it. A week Friday I get paid and complete my order. They won't be here for Xmas but I guess there's no changing that unless I can score £162 from somewhere. I could get a loan I suppose but it's hardly worth it.

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blaze163 said:
Lali ho.

To cut a long story short, I'm bored. So here's a blog on recent events to kill the time. I'll try to keep it brief, I know I tend to ramble.

- Life at home sucks. See, my dad and older brother cook every night since I'm usually at work. The problem is that my brother is obsessed with mince and thus only ever makes chilli or spaghetti bolognase, and my dad has no taste buds at all so what he considers to be a good dinner tastes like carpet fluff. And if I wanted to eat carpet, I'd get a date. Simply put, I am sick to death of constantly having to eat the same crappy recipes. It's even worse with my brother because he's a chef. And yet he only ever cooks two recipes, both of which I've long since gotten sick of. Normally I use a portion of my wages to stock up on alternatives, thus escaping their dreadful cooking. But regretably that hasn't been possible this month because my outgoings have been much higher than usual. So I'm stuck with this crap until the 17th. Christ, I swear I'd kill for a cheeseburger right now. I have no money whatsoever though, so I'll have to wait til pay day next Friday.

- Life at work also sucks. The boss borrowed an expensive drill from my dad to put up some new signs like, two months ago. I've been asking him to bring it back for weeks but he always has some excuse. Now it's missing. Ergo my dad's looking to storm in and yell in the morning, which knowing my rotten luck will probably cost me my job. Of course if that's the case his ignorance will cost him his life when he finds my katana rammed through his chest.

- My psycho ex girlfriend's birthday is tomorrow and as a result she showed up at work today to bug me. Like I'm supposed to have got her a present. To clarify this for those new to my blogs, we broke up nearly 4 years ago because she cheated on me, even after I somehow found the strength to forgive her first indiscretion, and has been annoying my companions and I ever since. Thankfully our security guard's pretty on-the-ball so she was ejected for causing a ruckus before she really got going.

- I FINALLY heard news about the gloves I ordered off eBay over a month ago. Evidently they were lost in the post 'cause they're still not here, but after contacting the seller he's sent me another pair free of charge, this time sending them with a tracking number and the fastest delivery he could arrange this close to Christmas, so hopefully they'll arrive before February.

- When I do get paid on Friday, it is my sworn intent to replace my ocarina. See, I have one which is kinda cheap and nasty but it does the job. But truth be told the tone isn't all that great. So I've been checking out a couple. One is of course the replica of the ocarina of time, with the platinum band with the gems. The other is called the Dragon's Tooth, which is...well, it's hard to describe so here, click this.

http://www.songbirdocarina.com/zelda-ocari...;category_id=13

The Ocarina of Time.

http://www.songbirdocarina.com/dragon-tooth-ocarina

The 'Dragon Tooth'.

If my paycheck is epic enough I might just buy both, along with the songbooks and pouches to keep them in. It'll be my Christmas present to myself, I suppose. No games I want right now, and lord knows I've earned a treat after those trips to Luton. I could die happy if I knew I never had to go back to that smeg hole.

Oh, and I found this on the website. It's freakin' sweet. There's another vid on there of someone playing the music from the cantina scene in Star Wars on the Dragon Tooth.

- I'm still getting letters from Hitachi Capital claiming I owe them £5k. I'm tempted to send them a letter back. Well, I say letter. That might be a bit generous. It'd probably be more along the lines of a note saying simply 'FUCK YOU'.

- The boss made the idiotic mistake of making me clean the staff room yesterday. Of course we had no cleaning cloths so I couldn't really do much. So out of boredom I wiped dirt off the mirror with my finger to spell out 'Romanes Eunt Domus'. Cookie for anyone who gets the joke. Which I suspect will cost me a lot of cookies.

Anyway, it's nearly 11PM here so with any luck my dad will go to bed in a few minutes. When that happens I can gofetch myself something more edible than the swill that ass hat produces. Hell, I'd settle for toast at the minute. Maybe with a little cheese. Anyway, toodles.

Blaze.

Are you part of The Ocarina Network by chance? I know how it is to want to replace an ocarina. I have an enigma I want to replace with a double or triple Focalink since Maparam is gone but they are rather costly. Oh yes and instead of a pouch I suggest a gun case, they will protect your ocarinas better. Maybe one day I will get the Dragon Tooth and the Ocarina of Time replica, of course if I want an amazing replica I'll go for Spencers since his are just amazing. Songbird's are great too and he's a nice guy.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Blaze163 said:
- I'm still getting letters from Hitachi Capital claiming I owe them £5k. I'm tempted to send them a letter back.
Wait, wait, wait, what? Did I miss something?

And maybe you'd have more money for food if you didn't keep buying other stuff all the time.
lecture.gif

Blaze163

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ironicly we had pizza for dinner.

Simply put, I get letters from Hitachi because of a deal that went sour. I signed up with Train2Game for a games design learn at home course some time ago but soon afterwards my job at the Ricoh Arena collapsed so I couldn't afford it. I explained everything to my tutors and Hitachi and Train2Game and the course was cancelled, eventually. The loan should have been refunded by Train2Game to Hitachi, leaving me with only the late fees to pay which I don't mind. But evidently Train2Game welched on the deal because Hitachi never got their money back. I've tried explaining it several times but all they care about is their money. I've even explained to them that even if I did have the money, I'm not paying it on principle. But they still send me letters.

In other news,

- I slipped on the ice on the way to work yesterday, smashing my entire right arm to buggery. It's absolute agony. So I'm off work today. It's annoying because I really need the hours this close to xmas, but I can barely move my arm. I'm also incapable of contacting work because my phone was damaged. So as far as work knows right now I'm just MIA. But to be fair the boss knows my arm was damaged so with any luck he'll put two and two together and not arrive at nineteen like he normally does. He's fully aware of the damage to my arm because he gave me a lift home yesterday to return my dad's drill and transformer. He'll figure out that lifting that fucking heavy transformer has further damaged my arm and shift my hours around so I can work on Sunday instead when I'm recovered. At least I hope so. Truth be told I couldn't care less, my priority right now is recovery. I've about had enough of that place anyway, I'm expected to run pretty much the entire store on my own during the xmas rush while injured. I'm good at my job but I'm not Super Jesus or something.

- The reason why I never have any money is because I take it upon myself to fix various problems within my social strata. I'm not going into details, suffice as to say that these are issues that someone has to deal with and generally speaking only I am capable of doing so. Regretably these issues involve considerable expense on my part. But as they threaten my friends I'd rather deal with them and see my wallet take a hit than ignore them and see my friends suffer so I can sit in comfort. I actually spend surpisingly little on myself unless my companions are safe and well. I treated myself last month to a few new games, but I still spent fully half my available funds going to assist in a rather disturbing series of events which left one of my friends injured. I'm treating myself to the ocarinas this month because it's Christmas, I've worked hard, my friends are safe and I've worked extra hours so I'll have more money than sense. I also won't need to buy any new games because I'll simply get my dad to get them for me for Christmas, leaving my money free to spend on shiny things.

- As I'm injured I can't play my games at all today. Kinda hard to play Black Ops when squeezing the trigger sends pain up my arm so severe that I drop the pad. Thankfully I can type with my left hand which remains mostly fine, it wasn't so badly hit in my fall. So today I plan to resume work on my fanfic projects. I checked my email earlier and there's yet another request for more chapters in there. Seems my work is quite popular. I personally don't think it's up to much but whatever, don't upset the punters If more chapters they desire then more chapters they shall have.

Well, back to writing something other than my latest blog I suppose. Toodles.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I slipped on ice on Friday; went to the floor and hit the back of my head hard against a brick wall. Didn't feel much pain and after a moment there was none at all.

Just as well it didn't trigger a regeneration.

Blaze163

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, my arm is still extremely painful but at least I'm not at work again until Saturday (assuming I've not been fired for not showing up yesterday but I seriously doubt I have) so I'm sat recovering for the next few hours.

My gloves finally arrived today, and the phrase 'one size fits all' clearly does not apply to people like me. Oddly the left glove is pretty much fine, but the right glove arrived with a massive tear down the side. The guy has already sent out a replacement pair though, so I'll see if they're any better. If not I'll get my money back. It's just annoying that this whole thing is dragging on so long. I ordered these things with my paycheck the month before last, so nearly two full months at this point. They're too small although I can fit into them (it's getting them off that's the problem) and one arrived so badly damaged that it's utterly unusable.

Good news is that pay day is a week tomorrow. Bad news is that with me being ill and injured quite frequently recently thanks to the cold, I doubt it will be enough to make Christmas epic. My chest is extremely painful in cold weather thanks to the many scars I have there, so when it gets too cold I'm almost incapable of working. Then I smash my arm on the ice and I'm basically immobilised for several days. I could do with extra hours this time of year but I guess I'll survive. The good news is my wages will be more than enough to live on, it just means I might only be getting one new ocarina instead of two, or maybe none at all, depends on my paycheck. Worked afew extra hours with those Luton trips though, so that should help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended