OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tunisia
1539796603350-991277950.jpg
1539796631388-1724736806.jpg
So my joy-cons joystics wase drifting badly and i reed online that one way to fix them is with alcohol so i tried that but my joystics dose not work any more i used the calebraton setting and it seems that evrey joystics is stuck
(Sry for my bad writing dyslexia is a B)
And if ther is no fix will changeing the joystics will work

Last edited by naztar,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
View attachment 146933 View attachment 146934 So my joy-cons joystics wase drifting badly and i reed online that one way to fix them is with alcohol so i tried that but my joystics dose not work any more i used the calebraton setting and it seems that evrey joystics is stuck
(Sry for my bad writing dyslexia is a B)
And if ther is no fix will changeing the joystics will work
Always a good idea to disconnect the battery first.
Anyway, open it up. It's relatively easy, but two important things to note that I discovered from my own experience:
1. The battery connector pulls up not outwards, I broke the connector on my left JoyCon not knowing that and had to scour eBay for months to find a cheap faulty JoyCon to rip the mainboard out of. To get it out it's best to get something really small and thin under the connector between the two wires, there's a tiny indent in the center that you could get into with a needle or pointy tweezers and flip the connector up, but make sure not to damage the wires as the insulation is fragile, and if you do damage them, electrical tape will fix that. Getting it back on is much easier.
2. Get the right size triwing screwdriver. I tried various ones from eBay, even the one that came with my replacement shell was not the right size and it was hard to unscrew some of the screws, and upon screwing them back in I stripped one of the screws, having to ruin my replacement shell to get the screw back out (luckily they don't cost too much). iFixit recommends their Y00 bit: https://eustore.ifixit.com/en/Tools/Drivers-Wrenches/Tri-point-Y00-Screwdriver-Bit.html
I ordered their Pro Tech Toolkit after this incident with stripping a screw because I couldn't find the right size screwdrivers, so I would never have to worry about that again. And I can indeed say that Y00 is a perfect fit, and was able to unscrew and screw partially stripped screws without additional damage. But I wasn't able to find the Y00 size for purchase anywhere else.

Anyway, once you have it open, make sure everything is dried out properly around the stick, especially check nearby ribbon cables and connectors to make sure nothing got stuck in there that could be interfering, check the battery with a multimeter to make sure it's not dead. Maybe blow some canned air on nearby components in case there's alcohol trapped underneath. But with canned air, always make sure you keep the can vertical, and only spray in short bursts otherwise it causes condensation.

Once you have power to it again:

You can try using what the guy in this video did, he was successful at fixing the stick drift. But don't do like he did and spray it while the battery is still connected (it even says so on the can as he discovered later)

And, if after all this you still have no luck in getting it working, and you've made sure the battery is good by testing the voltage (should be 3.1-3.2V when nearly dead or 4.2V when full but unless it's below 3V it's probably fine), you might have to go on a search for cheap faulty JoyCons you can rip the mainboard out of like I had to. You can create a search on eBay so that it emails you every day about the new listings, but I found that if I selected "for parts or not working" it would still email me about every listing regardless, so I still had to manually check. But I ended up paying about €10 + €8 shipping, if it wasn't for the shipping that would have been pretty cheap, but being where I am it's not easy to find this sort of thing locally and it was still cheaper than buying a new one. Plus I have some spare parts if I need them in the future, like the shell, L/ZL buttons, springs, screws, buttons and rail. Only the stick was bad on the one I bought (faulty stick click)

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

naztar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tunisia
  1. Thank you iam very gratfull for ur help iam pretty sure that the bords and the batterys on the joy-cons are OK so i will try opening them and clening the joy-cons
And hopfully the problem will be solved
And at worst case senerio the splaton joy-cons bundel looks Cool

Last edited by naztar,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
  1. Thank you iam very gratfull for ur help iam pretty sure that the bords and the batterys on the joy-cons are OK so i will try opening them and clening the joy-cons
And hopfully the problem will be solved
And at worst case senerio the splaton joy-cons bundel looks Cool
The stuff the guy used in that video seems pretty effective, if you can find it (if not there might be something similar you can get?)
I haven't actually checked if there are replacement sticks, you might be able to find them if you aren't able to fix the ones you have.
It's almost certainly just a problem with the sticks, and you can get a decent price for faulty JoyCons like this on eBay and let someone else do the fixing for you.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s