Hardware My ISP hates my Wii console

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is just plain weird. I want to access Netflix, the Shopping Channel, etc, which means it's time for me to turn the Wii's wireless internet connection back on. While the system can find access points all across my apartment complex, but there's some underlying issue I can't quite seem to figure out; no matter which access point I connect with, all of them give me Error Code 52031, telling me to call Nintendo. I honestly don't know if that would do any good. Not sure if it's caused due to too much interference, my roommate's Apple Airport router hating the Wii itself, or if it's my ISP being more retarded than usual (it doesn't help that the d/l speed rarely 100kbps, even though it's considered "cable" internet).

If my ISP is at fault, I'm screwed, as I don't know who I would talk to, since this is an apartment complex. It could also be due to the Wii being a 2006 model or heck, maybe it doesn't like the fact that it's hacked beyond all reason.

Any suggestions? I can't even watch Netflix without it dropping, but that only adds to my already existent annoyance for the system not connecting.

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is just plain weird. I want to access Netflix, the Shopping Channel, etc, which means it's time for me to turn the Wii's wireless internet connection back on. While the system can find access points all across my apartment complex, but there's some underlying issue I can't quite seem to figure out; no matter which access point I connect with, all of them give me Error Code 52031, telling me to call Nintendo. I honestly don't know if that would do any good. Not sure if it's caused due to too much interference, my roommate's Apple Airport router hating the Wii itself, or if it's my ISP being more retarded than usual (it doesn't help that the d/l speed rarely 100kbps, even though it's considered "cable" internet).

If my ISP is at fault, I'm screwed, as I don't know who I would talk to, since this is an apartment complex. It could also be due to the Wii being a 2006 model or heck, maybe it doesn't like the fact that it's hacked beyond all reason.

Any suggestions? I can't even watch Netflix without it dropping, but that only adds to my already existent annoyance for the system not connecting.

uhm it would probably be a problem with your router not your ISP. If you get 100mbit/s d/l speeds that would explain why it has troubles

what kind of security does whatever router you are connecting to have?

you could try this http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc/en_na/ds/results.jsp?error_code=52031&system=Wii&locale=en_US&locale=en_US&action2.x=0&action2.y=0

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe my roommate's router uses WPA2 encryption, but it can't just be his router. The people who live above us have a router as well, and the connection speed ain't any better with them. I would use that, but it drops frequently. And yet, that still doesn't answer my question regarding my inability to connect the Wii with any other access points near my apartment; all fail the connection test.

This is pissing me off.

BitBandit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Surely everyone in your apartment complex has their routers secured? So how are you able to connect to them without knowing their WPA keys?

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans