jaxxster

The Heretic
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
So i was washing my bed sheets this morning and when i took them out of the washer i realised the ipod was in the sheets
frown.gif
Its got water inside, i hope it dries out and still works!

spas

Trophies
XP
Country
Do not turn the power on that will make it worse take it apart and leave it to naturally dry.

Then get a cotton bud and dab any bits of moisture off it.

What kind of ipod is it?

jvarg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As spas stated, the you really do have to let it dry out. Try to open it up and get rid of whatever sitting water may be in there because that water will cause leads and contacts to oxidize, which can ultimately cause your iPod to not function properly again. If some of these leads are starting to oxidize already you can try buying electric motor spray from your local hardware store and spraying them generously (don't worry, no harm will be caused by the spray, but make sure not to spray near the screen as it may stain the plastic cover). Once sprayed rub the oxidized contacts/leads with a q-tip and put it back together. This may not permanently save your iPod but I know you can get more life out of it by doing so. If you could tell us what generation iPod you have we could point you to some links on how to open it up.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It wasn't as bad as what you did but I once opened a can of coke which went all over the place and sprayed into the back of the TV. The TV would not work. I left it a few days to dry out and it worked again. Try it again in another week or so, if its still not working then its dead.

nintendofreak

Around. Shoot me a PM.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Put more water on it, so it will dry evenly
unsure.gif

Wanna get into the B/S/T forum?

I once had a cell phone in my front shirt pocket, and when i bent over to pick up a coffee, it fell right in!
cry.gif
Sadly, it was much too sticky to ever work again
frown.gif
. Although I did have this one nokia phone ("candybar"/ "brick") that got wet, fell down stairs, got dropped and still kept working like new
biggrin.gif

H8TR

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
4G, HD based. It's dead. HD's cant survive liquid damage as far as I know. If everything else still works, you can replace it with a Compact flash card. Then you can turn you HD based iPod (whatever size 20/30/40/60GB) into a flash based MP3 player. 8GB Compact Flash is like $140.

nintendofreak

Around. Shoot me a PM.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4G, HD based. It's dead. HD's cant survive liquid damage as far as I know. If everything else still works, you can replace it with a Compact flash card. Then you can turn you HD based iPod (whatever size 20/30/40/60GB) into a flash based MP3 player. 8GB Compact Flash is like $140.

HM as far as i understand, HDD's are completely sealed, so im guessing it would work. We'll have to wait and see
biggrin.gif

mikeosoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
funny u should talk about cel fones, cause last night i was drummin on the sofa when i had a glass on the ground next to the arm of the chair and the cell resting on the arm, i hit the make believe "ride cymbol" (the arm of the sofa) only to hear the sound as my cell fell into the glass of water. the phone outside screen was on and displaying a blue background. lol. i opened it up and used a hairdryer on each part laying it out and letting it spend the day drying in the sun. i'm using it right now and it's perfectly fine. all my info is intact and the phone works without a hitch.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
HD's cant survive liquid damage as far as I know.
I'd be more worried about the impact damage from tumbling around in the drum.

nintendofreak: Brick phones were awesome. Big, ugly as fuck but throw one out of a 3 storey window and it'd come back for another round.
biggrin.gif
Well okay maybe not 3 stories but you get the point. I had a Motorola 3788 for 4 years and it's still in brilliant condtion (battery's gone but that's the lifespan of a NiMH). Not like the pansy phones that're around now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.