jimmy j

Awesome for hire.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My nano broke after a couple of weeks use so I'm looking at other options.

Is there anything comparable to Creative's Zen Vision M? (iRiver Clix looks beautiful but only 4gb
frown.gif
)

flai

Androgynous Apparently :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My nano died and I just got an iPod 80GB. Highly recommend them. I honestly can't stand anything in the Creative Zen line. I would recommend a Toshiba Gigabeat or something of the like. I just really hate the Zens but if you like 'em then get one
wink.gif

jimmy j

Awesome for hire.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
get another ipod
you didn't get a warranty? you have a year by default.
I took it back to the store and got a refund. I won't be getting another nano.

They're good, but ipods are very overrated (IMO). And I hate the whole 'fashion' thing that surrounds the iPod. It's so very 'Gap'
biggrin.gif

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Archos is the only other brand of large-capacity players that I can find at the moment (if you browse rather than search then Amazon/play etc let you filter by capacity). It's a company I've heard of but I don't know what the players are like. I'm surprised iRiver don't do any big players at the moment, did last year's 20GB H10 really do that badly?

flai

Androgynous Apparently :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The whole "iPods are crap, we're original by buying other MP3 players" thing annoys me more. I just prefer iPods but I agree, don't buy another Nano. Just get a video. They're great.

BTW, who is that in your sig Jimmy? She's sexy
wub.gif

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Archos is the only other brand of large-capacity players that I can find at the moment (if you browse rather than search then Amazon/play etc let you filter by capacity). It's a company I've heard of but I don't know what the players are like.

You can buy mine! (Check the trading forum)

Your iPod died? Get a Zune
biggrin.gif

simpson17

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just buy an iPod video. iPods are probably the best mp3 players out on the market, however the iPod nano can only go up to 8gb and can cost just as much as the video which is why they aren't worth it. you can buy a refurbed iPod from their website cheaper. just by the last generation iPod video (5g not the 5.5g one) because it will cost u less, and the only feature it is missing is the search button.

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebO...ecialdeals/ipod

they always have dif refurbs at dif times

yus786

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
http://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-Sansa-e270...82898084&sr=8-2

sansa sandisk 6gb with a memory card slot so you can put a microSD into it for about £15 (2GB)

worth it mate

or as you mentioned get a clix2, i have a nano and i just wanted a different mp3 player from it as its very common and i like being different so i ordered a clix2 from ebay for £110 (4GB)

hopefully it should arrive in a few days and i will report back here if its any good

regards

yus786

jimmy j

Awesome for hire.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
http://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-Sansa-e270...82898084&sr=8-2

sansa sandisk 6gb with a memory card slot so you can put a microSD into it for about £15 (2GB)

worth it mate

or as you mentioned get a clix2, i have a nano and i just wanted a different mp3 player from it as its very common and i like being different so i ordered a clix2 from ebay for £110 (4GB)

hopefully it should arrive in a few days and i will report back here if its any good

regards

yus786
That sandisk player looks pretty nifty but its nowhere near as sexy as the clix2. I'm looking forward to hearing your views on it
smile.gif

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I got a Creative Vision M. It was a lifesaver during plane journeys and waiting in departure lounge when I loaded it up with a s much videos and music as possible.

phoood

taking it to a whole new level.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My nano broke after a couple of weeks use so I'm looking at other options.

Is there anything comparable to Creative's Zen Vision M? (iRiver Clix looks beautiful but only 4gb
frown.gif
)
The ipod video is it's only rival thats worth it. There should be a 8gb flavor of the clix2 out.

I don't like to start rumors or spread them, but I think apple will sooner or later (sometime after the iphone comes out) release another iphone-like ipod. Full screen, touch screen goodness.

As for the few people that bash ipods because they are overrated, they _ARE_ overrated, but their interface is just damn good.

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't understand why people are dismissing ipods because they are "common" or "popular". I hear TVs and computers are pretty popular things nowadays too... better not buy one or you'll be another conformist!
tongue.gif

I had my first Nano 2nd gen for 6 months and despite dropping it a couple of times (once a 5ft drop onto concrete), it still worked perfectly. I wanted something a bit bigger though and got an 8GB Nano 2nd gen to which the first thing I did was get water all inside it putting on my bestskinsever skin and to date that's still working fine also.
So I mean like maybe you were unlucky your Nano copped out on you?

But anywho if you want to watch videos then it really depends if you want a hard drive based player or a flash player - personally I'm not keen on hard drive based players but if you wanted one an iPod video, Archos, Zen Vision M or W would be a good choice. As for flash based, well there are loads to choose from but the upcoming iriver W10 looks awesome (and to a lesser extent the Clix2).

smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its how we get shit tons of shovelware.