My IP blocked in firewall but I'm not on a VPN or proxy

Discussion in 'Site Discussions & Suggestions' started by tjsynkral, Oct 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tjsynkral
    OP

tjsynkral Member

Newcomer
    Dec 19, 2009
    United States
    Hi,
    I have already tried e-mailing and Pming and nobody responded at all, so I have no option left but to post in the forum.

My IP is a Comcast home connection based in Chicago and is not a VPN or Proxy, but I get the IP Blocked screen when trying to access GBAtemp. I know I haven't done anything to deserve an IP ban and you can see that my forum account is clear of any issue. (Obviously I'm not posting from that IP right now since I can't, hello from my phone...) as far as I know nobody else in my house uses GBAtemp. My IP is static. Proxy check tool comes back negative.

What is going on and should I be contacting someone else other than the contacts listed that I've already tried?

The irony is that I probably could get past the firewall by using a proxy or VPN instead of my legitimate connection, which seems to be the opposite effect of what was intended.

2. DinohScene

DinohScene Capture the Dino

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    Could be a previously banned IP.

And you said that you tried PMming Costello/TJ_Cool?
    You could try p1ngpong then as well.

3. calmwaters

calmwaters Cat's best friend

May 27, 2013
    United States
    happy land
    Or you could wait for one of them to message you back. They're not on here 24/7; they have lives. Just be patient. Plus, you can log on with your alternate connection until they get back to you. ;)

4. ComeTurismO

ComeTurismO CTO

Sep 18, 2011
    Canada
    4:54 PM
  5. Costello

Costello Headmaster

Administrator
    Oct 24, 2002
    done

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.