Hacking My impression of distributors with G6Lite's

Weej

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yesterday I placed an order for a G6 Lite and a Passcard3 from Gamersection.ca.

The G6Lite Chinese was $95.00
The Passcard 3 was $32.95 (Pretty expensive compared to other places I must admit.)
And all together I had about $20 worth of shipping because of the shipping surcharge outside of Canada. =/

It all totaled to about $150 USD. At this point I didn't really care about price or version because I just want a G6Lite for gaming and am willing to put up with the Chinese since most of the fuctions are pretty straight forward. Plus there is always a chance in the future that the firmware could get hacked thus solving the problem.

Anyway, I made a payment on their site, and I didn't get a confirmation message from Paypal. I was taken to another page directly from Gamersection and made the payment.

To my horror, when I'm looking at my Gmail account, I realize that the Paypal email address that sends out that payments have been done had actually sent me 2 confirmed payment messages and had grouped them as a conversation!

I accidentally payed for two orders, one order never actually having existed!

I emailed them about it, and by the time I got back from work they had given me a refund for my duplicate payment. Talk about being good sports.

Moral of the story? Be more careful with my money. Now I keep asking them when they plan to ship but they have yet to tell me when. It's the last thing I'd like to know to give me peace of mind.

Hopebuy seems like a pretty good place to get stuff as a well. They seem to have much cheaper prices so a much better value. It's just that they were out of the Passcard 3 and I wasn't notified quickly enough as to whether they had any Superkey in stock, so I took the plunge with Gamersection instead. I also like the fact that I'm dealing with a company a lot closer to home (North America) than from far off (Southeast Asia) but that's besides the point because they still seem pretty reputable.

I don't really like Winsunx at all. I was browsing their website with Internet Explorer 6 on a Windows 2000 PC. If you already didn't know, Internet Explorer 7 is not available for 2000 OSes. They've basically left everyone in the dust. When I tried to sign up on their site, I got hit with a browser exploit and my svchost.exe got corrupted by a trojan. Basically everything closed and my CPU was hit hard as the svchost drained resources. I managed to upgrade to a new Norton in an attempt to remove it but because the CPU's resources were being tapped so badly I wasn't about to remove the actual threat, so I swiped my harddrive and am using Firefox now.

I don't think I will ever go to Winsunx again.

Anyway, wherever you decide to get your G6Lite from, just realize that if they are in stock right now, they probably won't be really soon. It is hands down the most desirable DS/GBA flashcart available, even with the limited space of 512 MB. English versions will sell so fast it won't even be funny, as people learn more and more about the firmware, theres always a chance in the future that the Chinese version firmware can somehow be changed, thus making it irrelevant which firmware version you originally had.

Even though English and Chinese will supposedly retail for the same price, you can never be for sure. Inflation is a dangerous thing, my friends. If you want a G6 Lite for GAMING, does it really matter what's on the screen so as long as it does what it's supposed to do? Get one NOW before it becomes even harder to get them in the future!

As for me, I now await the arrival of my G6Lite and Passcard3 from Gamersection.

yumms

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Holy crap Gamersection.ca is expensive.

EZFlash Lite + EZPass 3 cost me 82$ from Winsunx. If I were to buy them from Gamersection I'd pay $123. Including shipping for both.

E

exile

I just ordered mine from divineo, which for one time in my experience with them did not seem to be overly expensive (only a two dollars or so up from winsunx). But when I got to check out and was picking shipping, for whatever reason they only let me pick express (overnight) shipping for $35. So that bumped the price up rather quickly. I have ordered from their us store before and got other options for shipping, like priority which is half the price or less. Not sure why this was the case this time though. Other than that part, I was happy with them. They are guaranting that the only carts they get are the english ones if that matters to anyone. Which is really why I went with them. Figured I might as well wait just in case.

Maybe I should check one of their other store locations, the china one maybe and see what the deal is. Usually they are priced cheaper on the same item, and shipping couldn't possibly be more than that anyway.

Weej

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holy crap Gamersection.ca is expensive.

EZFlash Lite + EZPass 3 cost me 82$ from Winsunx. If I were to buy them from Gamersection I'd pay $123. Including shipping for both.

For some of us the difference is not that big of a deal. If you don't have a job or are edgy when it comes to buying stuff, I can see why it'd be a big deal.

If you want the product for what it is then the price is something that you'd be willing to negociate with.

I called Gamersection directly and basically asked about my order. They said that FedEx should be picking it up today or tommorow. I should have it by sometime next week at the latest, though I'd be surprised if I am able to get it before hand.

Weej

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want the product for what it is then the price is something that you'd be willing to negociate with.
That makes no sense at all. A G6 or EZFlash from Winsunx or Gamersection is still the same product, except one store is ripping you off.

It does make sense, just think about it. It's still the same product, but since you want the product, you are willing to pay the price that the merchant asks even if you know you can get it elsewhere. It's called supply and demand.

Winsunx had them on preorder when I was making my order so I didn't order from them. The fact that I got exploited because of an out of date browser on their site doesn't help the situation either. It's partially my fault for having an out of date browser, but why the hell it did have to happen on THEIR site of all places?

So yes, I am spending more at one place in order to receive the same thing. The difference is that I know that I'd doing this and that I basically CAN do this.

There's nothing wrong with stretching your dollar, but at the time I made my transaction, Gamersection and Hopebuy were the only places that had them in stock. Gamersection had everything I was looking for while Hopebuy was not, which is why I spent my money at Gamersection.

yumms

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Right, at the time you placed your order you could only find the product at Gamersection, even though over priced, seemed like a good value to you. I get it now.

But Gamersection is still a ripoff compared to Winsunx, higher prices and higher shipping costs. Shipped from China: $18, shipped from Canada: $19, hmm weird.

outphase

Custom title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
With 4 friends, I ordered 5 G6 Lites from psxbox.net. We each paid $70.20 after shipping and moneygram fee. You guys are getting shafted
laugh.gif

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will buy one when the dust settles and theyre not hard to get. I will probably wait for the 8Gb version. And I expect other options will come along by then too.

arcy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I ordered from winsunx on july 2 and am still waiting for my G6 lite. i'm so fed up with them because others were ordering from hopebuy after i ordered and they received theirs before i even got mine! so today i bit the bullet and ordered another chinese G6 but from hopebuy this time. from what others are saying about shipping, I should get mine by friday.

If i do receive hopebuys first, i'm definately changing my winsunx order to the english version.

TheVirus

Trophies
XP
Country
Uganda
I don't know what exploit hit you, but I doubt it has anything to do with winsunx's site. I'm running IE6 and I have no issues at all, don't blame them for something they have nothing to do with. Unless you're running IE4 with absolutely 0 security patches, I can understand that maybe some piece of javascript code caused it, but it's still your fault for not patching your system.

I've ordered from Winsunx 4 times and all have been great. Granted, I was in the dark for a week or so because nothing shipped, but every ordered arrived within 2 days after being shipped, one even arrived in ONE day. It was shipped out Monday and I got it today (Tuesday).

Overall, winsunx can improve their communications sometimes, they COULD have let me know how long to wait... But I still got my stuff.

*Happy*

suchiru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm glad to hear that you contacted them. I ordered mine from gamersection.ca on Monday, and I have not had an email saying it has been shipped yet.

Edit: I was just scared to order from them at first because 1) they are expensive and 2) I didn't know anyone who had ordered from them. Thanks for the info.

Weej

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Right, at the time you placed your order you could only find the product at Gamersection, even though over priced, seemed like a good value to you. I get it now. But Gamersection is still a ripoff compared to Winsunx, higher prices and higher shipping costs. Shipped from China: $18, shipped from Canada: $19, hmm weird.

Yumms, when did I ever say it was a good value. I know full well that I am being screwed price wise. If you already didn't notice, I'm one impatient SOB and I don't want to wait for a cheaper vendor to have them in stock. That is why I decided to spend my money now rather than wait, because at the rate things are going, it could take another 2 to 3 weeks for the English firmware G6Lite's to come out. Rather than wait that time, I would prefer to be playing on a G6Lite that basically functions the same with a slight variation that isn't even that much of a deal as people make it out to be.

Have you ever heard Jin's song "Ya'll Gonna Learn Chinese?" it sucks, but it proves my point.

No, the point isn't that I'm going to learn chinese either.

QUOTEI'm glad to hear that you contacted them. I ordered mine from gamersection.ca on Monday, and I have not had an email saying it has been shipped yet.

Edit: I was just scared to order from them at first because 1) they are expensive and 2) I didn't know anyone who had ordered from them. Thanks for the info.

No problem suchiru. I accidentally sent them extra money and they refunded that amount back to my account within a couple hours of me sending an email. They seem like a pretty trustworthy group thus far.

Weej

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You cats need to wait for KickTrading; that's where the cool kids hang out.

Also stop using an abortion of a browser and blaming WinSunx for it. Worst write-up ever.

On the contrary. The more places we have that are reputable, the more options we have, which yield greater benefits for this community. I don't advocate one place as being better than another, I only do it if the service sucks. I hope others do the same.

I'm not blaming Winsunx for what happend even I admit now that the exploit could have occured at a different time and just decided to pop up at that moment. I did, unfortunatly, exaggerate what happend just a tad bit. It just sucked that it happend at that given moment.
dry.gif

daikonv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you're happy with paying $150 bucks for a g6 lite and a passcard 3, then kudos to you. Although you could have gotten it from psxbox.net for ~$100 shipped, if you really needed it asap and were willing to pay 50% extra for the product, then perhaps I can sell you a car you really really want?
smile.gif

suchiru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was willing to pay so much for the g6 lite from gamersection.ca because I know that if I ordered from a place that did not have them in stock that I would not be able to get it before I leave for Japan in early September, and I NEED a g6 lite for the long flight to Japan. That's why I paid so much. I'm just going to consider it part of my ticket. So to me, it wasn't that pricey.

Also, I got an email saying that it was shipeed out today. Makes me a happy camper.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w49byd81I_Y