Hacking My Hinge!

Masta_mind257

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
My DS Lite Hinge just broke baaaad. as in a piece has chipped off. I have never dropped the thing but it always had a cracked hinge and it just broke right now. WHAT SHOULD I DO?
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif

Shelleeson

Trophies
XP
Country
i had a crack on my hinge and it got bigger then the whole light section broke off (so that the screen was swinging out).
the news isn't good i'm afraid, because the part by the hinge gets so much stress put on it the chances of that part falling off and the hinge coming out bringing the screen out are high.
if it's under warranty take it back asap

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
So, if you're OK because you have a warranty, why would you post in a panic wondering what to do? You know what to do already
wink.gif
It just doesn't really make much sense why that didn't come to you in the first place.

Unfortunately I've had one of my DS Lites for over it's 12 month warranty and the hinge cracked as well from normal usage, but oh well, such is life.. I have two DS's anyways
tongue.gif

Regards.

spokenrope

c7
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Which hinge? Because the manufacturing defect only affects the left one. If it's the left, then call up the Nintendo help line in your area and tell them that you've always treated your NDS like a baby and you swear you have no idea how it happened.

That's what happened with me, and they said they'd fix it for free. They covered the shipping and everything.

dbgtdob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which hinge? Because the manufacturing defect only affects the left one. If it's the left, then call up the Nintendo help line in your area and tell them that you've always treated your NDS like a baby and you swear you have no idea how it happened.

That's what happened with me, and they said they'd fix it for free. They covered the shipping and everything.
thats their old policy, after a few million people sent in their ds for the hinge problem, they no longer do it for free, they offer a 30 percent discount thought, the normal repair cost is $75, they are will only charge you $50 for the repair for the hinge problem.
that is the responce that was given to ign when they called about it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @NinStar I like it gentle, then rough, then gentle again. Then I nap. +1