My Hinge!

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Masta_mind257, Mar 31, 2007.

Mar 31, 2007

My Hinge! by Masta_mind257 at 4:34 PM (808 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. Masta_mind257
    OP

Member Masta_mind257 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    My DS Lite Hinge just broke baaaad. as in a piece has chipped off. I have never dropped the thing but it always had a cracked hinge and it just broke right now. WHAT SHOULD I DO? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. thegame07

Member thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    how long have you had your ds for?

3. Shelleeson

Member Shelleeson GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    i had a crack on my hinge and it got bigger then the whole light section broke off (so that the screen was swinging out).
    the news isn't good i'm afraid, because the part by the hinge gets so much stress put on it the chances of that part falling off and the hinge coming out bringing the screen out are high.
    if it's under warranty take it back asap

4. Masta_mind257
    OP

United Kingdom
    I bought it June 23rd (UK Release) and it has 12 months warranty. So I'm probably OK.

5. hankchill

Member hankchill I Pwn n00bs.

Canada
    So, if you're OK because you have a warranty, why would you post in a panic wondering what to do? You know what to do already [​IMG] It just doesn't really make much sense why that didn't come to you in the first place.

Unfortunately I've had one of my DS Lites for over it's 12 month warranty and the hinge cracked as well from normal usage, but oh well, such is life.. I have two DS's anyways [​IMG]

Regards.

6. thegame07

United Kingdom
    hope you have your receipt.

7. Masta_mind257
    OP

United Kingdom
    I'm sort of new to the warranty thing so I panicked....bad.lol sorry. Oh ye I do have my reciept and I made a copy to send. thx 4 the help all.

8. thegame07

United Kingdom
    well you should be good to go and remember if they try to argue with you dont stand for it you should get a replacement its a nds defect.

9. spokenrope

Member spokenrope c7

United States
    Which hinge? Because the manufacturing defect only affects the left one. If it's the left, then call up the Nintendo help line in your area and tell them that you've always treated your NDS like a baby and you swear you have no idea how it happened.

That's what happened with me, and they said they'd fix it for free. They covered the shipping and everything.

10. dbgtdob

Member dbgtdob GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    thats their old policy, after a few million people sent in their ds for the hinge problem, they no longer do it for free, they offer a 30 percent discount thought, the normal repair cost is $75, they are will only charge you $50 for the repair for the hinge problem.
    that is the responce that was given to ign when they called about it.