My Hero Academia: Ultra Rumble announced, is a free to play battle royale

mhaaaaaaaa.png

More battle royale action is on the way, but this time, with an anime spin. A new issue of Weekly Jump has announced My Hero Academia: Ultra Rumble, which is set to be a free-to-play third-person battle royale with 24 players, following recent industry trends. The two magazine pages show a handful of screenshots of the game, showing some of the main heroes and villains from the manga series. According to the Japanese text, Ultra Rumble is headed to Xbox One, Steam, PlayStation 4, and Nintendo Switch, with no release window, and a closed beta test planned for the future.

A handful of My Hero Academia games have been released in the past few years, including the console titles My Hero One's Justice and its sequel, as well as various mobile gacha games.

:arrow: Source

CoolMe

That's the way she goes..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meh.. Why can't we have a "Naruto Shippuden UN Storm" like game, or even "DB FighterZ" for MHA?

Wuigi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My hero's one justice 1&2 already had no effort put in telling the story like Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 2-4 did and the combat system also felt way worse.
Changing it to a battle royale seems to be the logical conclusion to not putting in any effort beforehand as well.

Last edited by Wuigi,

scoobydude51

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course it’s going to be a microtransaction trash fire, but of course people are going to suck it up like a sponge in water.

The fanbase for MHA is as bad as Naruto’s fanbase back when it was the hottest anime. You disagree with them, get blasted by fanboys.

• Haha
Reactions: Cris1997XX

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A shame that anime fans don't care about a game being good. They still buy/play bad games anyways just because anime characters are in them.

felindamuliadi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Battle Royale with in-app purchase? Sounds like something I should avoid like a plague, especially if it turns out to be online-based too.
I'd rather pay for a offline, single-player game with all contents unlocked than play a free game with a paywall. Sorry, Todoroki, I won't play this one for sure.

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Okay, when is this gonna occur, in-universe? Because while I don't watch the anime much, and have never touched a single manga in my life, I do read wikis and some major shit went down in the Pro Liberation Army arc a while back- like, Aizawa got severely injured, Midoriya left school, Midnight's retired, etc.

Or is it just gonna ignore the manga and just have a bunch of MHA characters available to brawl, regardless of whether it makes canon sense or not?

Guacaholey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Battle Royales are trash.
They're fine, especially the bigger ones. The problem is a lot of ones are just lazy cash grabs trying to chase the trend because Fortnite, PUBG, Apex, and COD Warzone are all so popular. We've got stuff like FFVII First Soldier, the Kitchen one that started as a parody, then ditched that, there's some isometric cutout style thing with animals, CSGO's battle royale mode, and a handful of other mediocre to bad ones nobody really plays.

Last edited by Guacaholey,

Luke94

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Let me guess it sounded like Fortnite Battle Royale? One guy from My Hero Academia looks like mix between Overlander from The Boys and Donald Trump on steroids.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over