Hacking my heart stopped....i think i bricked my wii

bbalcrazy92

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well the game seems to crash after 5 minutes of play, so someone suggested following these steps http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/cios/waninkoko

i tried it and when the installer loads my wii remote would lose connection and i wouldn't be able to click anything, so then that's when i tried the trucha bug, now on the trucha bug on the last step there is no IOS70 so i'm kind of lost now =P

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Uh, anyway, what I was trying to say was that none of that stuff is likely to help you load NSMB Wii no matter what way you're trying to load it (unless perhaps you're using a modchip).

bbalcrazy92

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea i have a wiikey in here, still get an error after 5 minutes so i'm basically stuck, i just used the cios rev 14 installer to install ios 70 again. so i guess everything is back to the original state, just not sure how to work this damn game

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Ah, so you're trying to use a fixed version of the game to play then? What you need to do then IIRC is to make sure the IOS that NSMB Wii uses is trucha bugged. What IOS it uses, I have no idea though.

bbalcrazy92

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it uses 249, but i'm a complete noob at this stuff, can you elaborate what you mean by that =P sorry if i'm acting too confused

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Wait, so you're trying to load a burnt disc of the game using your Wii Key right? Is it modified in any way (I know there's some version floating about that has a fix for the anti-piracy crud in the game)?

bbalcrazy92

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh sorry, nope this version is just ripped and zipped. i've tried a fixed version, still didn't work lol

EDIT: btw i'm trying to launch it with neogamma because some people said this works, problem with it is once i load neogamma i lose connection with the wii remote and the screen stays black

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
It probably doesn't use IOS249 then (it only would if it was loaded using one of the backup loaders or was modified in some way). It could be a bad burn, or just a fubared dump of the game then. Actually, I'm not sure if modchip users encounter the piracy check or not now that I think of it. Is it loading at all?

bbalcrazy92

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes it loads, just gives me an error after exactly 5 minutes. i am trying to use neogamma as a backup launcher though, however neogamma won't load

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
bbalcrazy92 said:
yes it loads, just gives me an error after exactly 5 minutes. i am trying to use neogamma as a backup launcher though, however neogamma won't load
What's it say when it gives an error? That's important as to figuring out why it's not working.

bbalcrazy92

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it says an error has occured, and to eject the game and try restarting my wii. this is the error that most people get because of nintendo's new "security" thing they added to this

RetroHero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This is how to get te game to work

Cios rev 15 + PATCHED GAME (since you are getting the 5mins then crashing that means your game isnt patched) + uloader 3.1

Enjoy the game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Musk sues Hyundai in 3... 2... 1...