dysan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
I've had a Seagate 1tb hard drive hooked up to my Wii for the past 4-5 years now and apart from the usual gltching with buzzing sound I've never had any problems.

this last week some really weird stuff are happening.
games that have never froze before are freezing at random moments with no buzzing sound...it doesn't always happen but it's a problem.
I'm using USB loader gx 3 and most of the time it gets stuck when it says "initialize USB device"

some other times the Wii won't start up at all...the green light will come up but it won't display anything on screen,actually that's been happening every now and then but after tries it always manages to start and work correctly after that.
why I'm mentioning that now?because when I unplugged the hard drive,my Wii booted up with no problem.

I've got my hard drive on wbfs filesystem
would the random freezes and failure to start USB loader gx go away if I formatted my hard drive and just added the games again?
dunno...maybe it got bogged down just like windows needs a format every now and then? Lol

thanks for any answers! :)

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I think its more likely to be a hardware problem.
But checking the filesystem first is a good plan.

You can use wiimms wwt to do that (sig).

If its not the wbfs, try a different hdd/stick on the wii

dysan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
I did what you recommended,I downloaded a GUI for from the site in your sig,since I suck at command lines and such,I loaded up my hdd,pressed a "check" button somewhere and it finished.
I checked the log and it said that it repaired some errors...I did another check and it said that there were no errors,which is good :)

for the time being,it seems to work great...wii and usb loader gx boot up just fine everytime I tried and my pc recognizes the hdd and promps me to format it everytime I hook it.

only now....it does a whole lot of noise that it didn't do in the past...it sounds like it's constantly reading data or something like that when the wii uses it...should I be alarmed by that? :/

dysan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
well...I fired it up today both in my wii and my pc and it didn't do the over the top noises it did yesterday...just...normal noise...so I guess that's good lol

thanks psyblade :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Mines are all the dragon ball animes. Im also enjoying Fullmetal alchemist and my hero academia