My hamster almost died :(

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I hope he pulls through man, hamsters are respectable creatures. Just keep an eye on him, take him to the vet as soon as you can.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My sister had a bunch of hamsters a couple of years ago. But they all died.
wink.gif

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
True story:

I was 3 and my bro walks in while I'm treating his hamester like a little toy car and scraping it across the desk! I liked cars... it died

and now they think it's funny!

mflo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I remember when I had a hamster. Petco sold me a pregnant one. Those bastards. The babies died, and it ate one of them. I tossed the other dead babies in the trashcan. One day the hamster some how gets its leg caught in the wheel. It's foot was broken so It chewed it off. I had a pirate hamster with a peg-leg... Then I forgot to feed it and I realized it a few days later.
I had a guinea pig as well, but It ran away...

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember when I had a hamster. Petco sold me a pregnant one. Those bastards. The babies died, and it ate one of them. I tossed the other dead babies in the trashcan. One day the hamster some how gets its leg caught in the wheel. It's foot was broken so It chewed it off. I had a pirate hamster with a peg-leg... Then I forgot to feed it and I realized it a few days later.
Is it wrong I laughed?

mflo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I remember when I had a hamster. Petco sold me a pregnant one. Those bastards. The babies died, and it ate one of them. I tossed the other dead babies in the trashcan. One day the hamster some how gets its leg caught in the wheel. It's foot was broken so It chewed it off. I had a pirate hamster with a peg-leg... Then I forgot to feed it and I realized it a few days later.

Is it wrong I laughed?
No, It's not wrong. I also think it's funny.

miikes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

I lol'ed a bit too.

but due to something in me...

All I can say is that you mishandled the hamster

1)you or somebody probably touched the baby hamsters, this is a huge no no because they'll get your scent and the mother would see them as not hers and not care for them and even eat them. if by any chance the mother decides to burrow in an unlikely place or one not of your choosing (outside the cage of somewhere), only transport with latex gloves (preferably sterilized ones) with the mother.
2)the wheel was probably one of those cheapo hamster fun cages and it is pretty prone to injuring hamsters
3)well forgetting to feed is pretty self explanatory.

peace

mflo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I know i'm not supposed to touch them with my hands. So I touched them with a clean spoon. My mistake, I know...

nintendofreak

Around. Shoot me a PM.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Is it wrong I laughed?

laugh.gif

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Just so everyone knows hes fine
smile.gif
Guess the milk did it since I didn't get a change to take him to the pet hospital. Though he does seem a bit crazier now as he keeps on hanging on the roof of his cage, then obviously falls lol.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Hamster Debra died a few weeks ago, her eye burst somehow and then she sadly just lost the will to live I guess. Still she had a good life when she was with us, I rescued her from this pet shop I worked in at the time and she was basically cut up from fights with this other Hamster and my boss refused to do anything so I rescued her and got her all fixed up. Had her for a year before she died but it was quite sad seeing her go as she was a fine hamster.

Then the family German Shepherd, Monty died of a stroke, he lasted 11 years which I guess is good but I was devestated as he was a member of the family and had a lot of character.

Got a new hamster called Donnie, rescued from another pet shop that was closing and basically all hamsters were to be sold to be snake food! Hes quite friendly.

miikes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just so everyone knows hes fine
smile.gif
Guess the milk did it since I didn't get a change to take him to the pet hospital. Though he does seem a bit crazier now as he keeps on hanging on the roof of his cage, then obviously falls lol.
watch it, that might be a sign of brain damage from the induced trauma and lack of oxygen (due to drowning) :wtf:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ending to the fallout series was lame could've gave us a bit more