My Guitar Hero guitar on Ebay sold for $3.25???!!!

AAcrazyman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What the???
My Guitar Hero guitar (les paul guitar hero III) sold for an outrageous $3.25 on Ebay the other day.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=320500562635 There's the link.
I don't know if you guys have ever looked for a guitar on Ebay... but they usually sell for over $20!
I haven't shipped the guitar yet... and I am thinking about just relisting the stupid thing....
Now I only do this because I bought the guitar for $15 last month for the sole purpose of making a quick five bucks on Ebay!
I am 17 years old and have a total of .75 to my name.
frown.gif

I heard a buyer can take you to a small claims court if you refuse to sell...... do you guys actually think he'll go that far? Or do you think I'll just get some bad feedback. I can deal with bad feedback
biggrin.gif
lol

What would yall do if you were me?

Rosales

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If that's how he feels, he's a whiney little bitch. It's yours until sold. If you feel you can make a little more money, try.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
you will probably just get bad feedback i doubt anyone would waste their time on taking someone to court over a $3.25 purchase lol...why not start the selling price at what you paid for it that way worst case scenario you make your money back if you start the bidding really low people might not notice it and the price might never really go up high just like how the auction finished at just over $3

kicknhorse

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
In England you cannot take someone to a small claims court for anything under £7.00 (Or around there).

Therefore if they wanted to take you to a small claims court for 3.25 they could not unless they paid the outragous court fees to do so.

I am not sure how it stands over there though, but I am sure you can find out easily.

I am sure it will just be bad feedback as I don't think anyone would do so. Unless they REALLY wanted that guitar. hah...

pizzaman2893

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He probably won't get to worked up about it. Thats still messed up though if you don't send it, I would. If you're seventeen get a job man, or sell drugs lol. Easiest ways to make money

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
eBay auctions are as good as legal contracts, you can check that in the rules.
At the point when auction is completed, and somebody won the auction, he actually BOUGHT the thing, from that point on, it's actually his, not yours any more.

It's your fault you didn't set the reserve price, or started the auction with higher amount, I'd send it and be wiser next time, learn from your mistakes.
But it's simply wrong not to send it.

My opinion!

Teny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't ebay charge you and paypal takes a profit of what you sell?
If you did relist it, you will have to pay ebay again. The only way ebay will relist it for you for free is if a fraud (like someone from Nigeria) bought from you and told ebay about it. So you are pretty losing even more money.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The other guy bought it fair and square - that's how auctions work. If you didn't set a reserve price then the fault lies entirely with you. If this incident teaches you NEVER to make the same mistake again then it was $11.75 well spent. It's going to save you a lot of money in the long run.

I'm sure that's not what you want to hear but... meh.

AAcrazyman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CURSES! I actually paid like 16 bucks for it but, meh... Jobs are increasingly scarce down here in FL. Plus, I am in wrestling all year round, (I basically have a scholarship locked up
biggrin.gif
) and a job would cause me to not be able to compete like I do. College tuition is like what, $15,000 or something???!!! So staying in wrestling is like my job! lol

I might just ship the stupid thing... My dad is a Pastor so I might get a lot of crud from him if I don't ship it.
dry.gif

Does anybody know how much money it takes to be able to take somebody to small claims court in this country?

I heard the guy from britain say it's 7Euro up there.

D

Deleted_171835

Send the thing.

I would be angry if I won the guitar and the idiot who put it up on auction refused to ship it to me.

AAcrazyman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well he hasn't paid, yet.... probably because I already told him I wouldn't send it!
tongue.gif

And he threatened to get EBAY involved! EBAY?!.... REALLY, EBAY???!!! I am soooooo scared! *sarcasm* lol

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I really hope you don't ever use the trading forum as you clearly can't be trusted. It's an auction for a reason there is a risk if you don't set a reserve, it's an option you took. I wonder how you would feel if someone won your auction but paid far to much for it and refused to give you the money because he found it cheaper on another auction? send it to him.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
AAcrazyman said:
Well he hasn't paid, yet.... probably because I already told him I wouldn't send it!
tongue.gif

And he threatened to get EBAY involved! EBAY?!.... REALLY, EBAY???!!! I am soooooo scared! *sarcasm* lol

Let me know your ebay S/N so I never buy from you.

AAcrazyman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I currently have 100% positive feedback so I can definitely be trusted!
biggrin.gif

I just like to think about what I would like to do sometimes! lol
No worryz! I was gonna send it all along. I just wanted yalls opinion!
wink.gif

MelodieOctavia

Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
AAcrazyman said:
Well I currently have 100% positive feedback so I can definitely be trusted!
biggrin.gif

I just like to think about what I would like to do sometimes! lol
No worryz! I was gonna send it all along. I just wanted yalls opinion!
wink.gif

This is after you made the decision to tell the dude you aren't sending it? It seems like the only reason you're saying that now is because everyone just pointed out how big of a douche you would be if you didn't send it.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
YOU SIR greenaronovich ARE AN IDIOT!

not scared of eBay?! .... you do know its not just one person sat behind an AMSTRAD 464 its a massive company worth about $8-10 billion dollars probably more and who also own PAYPAL also worth about $10 billion dollars!

your networth is !? what .75 you stated !?

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm let me see here and do the maths work.......

xz776gxju4dzpcoxqnx.jpg

Suggest you maby just suck it up greenaronovich
and send it!

/rant off

edit: you had a change of heart now!? ...maby its a bit late now to try save yourself from this epic messup!?

MelodieOctavia

Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
kobykaan said:
YOU SIR greenaronovich ARE AN IDIOT!

not scared of eBay?! .... you do know its not just one person sat behind an AMSTRAD 464 its a massive company worth about $8-10 billion dollars probably more and who also own PAYPAL also worth about $10 billion dollars!

your networth is !? what .75 you stated !?

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm let me see here and do the maths work.......

xz776gxju4dzpcoxqnx.jpg

Suggest you maby just suck it up greenaronovich
and send it!

/rant off

edit: you had a change of heart now!? ...maby its a bit late now to try save yourself from this epic messup!?

Thank you kindly for that. I'll remember that name well.

AAcrazyman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ha, you guys!
dry.gif
As you will see my feedback will remain 100%.... douche? I always intended to send it, anyway. I just wanted to see how yall would react to such a thing as a $3.25 guitar! lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll just pretend like I know what's going on