reach for the stars
OP
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
I went to go and delete the 3ds folder and the boot.3dsx files as well as everything that came with the homebrew starter kit on http://smealum.github.io/3ds/ and deleted the ropbin payload file from my microSD. Then I went and redownloaded the necessary files and replaced them back on my microSD to see if maybe when I went to go try to configure menuhax that it would actually work. But when I saved and exited the settings menu, it didn't go back to my home menu, the screen stayed black for about a minute and a half, so I powered down the system. Then when I powered it back on, the blue light for the power was on, but the screen just stays black and won't go back to the home menu anymore. Help!?

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wanted to say something but then i decided to not.... since everything been said already, but this...

You already had a thread created with help on using menuhax, why did you create a new one? :mellow:

DarkRioru

reach for the stars
OP
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I went to go and remove the microSD from the system while it was off, then I turned the system back on. Then once the system was on and the home menu showed up, I put the microSD back in, but before I could go into the little menu to go and change the theme, the whole screen froze completely..

qouted from my gf

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Okay, so I went to go and remove the microSD from the system while it was off, then I turned the system back on. Then once the system was on and the home menu showed up, I put the microSD back in, but before I could go into the little menu to go and change the theme, the whole screen froze completely..

qouted from my gf
Change the theme before putting the SD card back into the system.

DarkRioru

reach for the stars
OP
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
I wanted to say something but then i decided to not.... since everything been said already, but this...

You already had a thread created with help on using menuhax, why did you create a new one? :mellow:
because the problem got worse than I imagined from a simple homebrew install...

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
All questions aside, just boot into the system with the SD card remove and change the theme. That should fix the corrupted theme.
sdiconhax works differently than themehax so changing themes might not fix the issue.

A temp solution may be to rename the Nintendo 3ds folder to _Nintendo 3ds and at least that should allow you to do stuff.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You can't change themes without an SD card in the system.
Umm yo can't do that, cause the theme data is stored on the sd card....

You need the sd card to use theme data. Use a pc to delete theme data.
sdiconhax works differently than themehax so changing themes might not fix the issue.

A temp solution may be to rename the Nintendo 3ds folder to _Nintendo 3ds and at least that should allow you to do stuff.
I didn't know that. I learned something new today.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"I can't change the them without putting the sd card back in because it says "unable to change themes, because the microSD Card is not inserted"
Exactly so use a pc and delete the theme data.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I didn't know that. I learned something new today.
Maybe you can teach me something sometime like about corbenik? ^_^

Reactions: Seriel

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Exactly so use a pc and delete the theme data.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Maybe you can teach me something sometime like about corbenik? ^_^
Ask and I shall spam because Corbenik is something I know

Reactions: Seriel

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
You should be able to just delete
G:\Nintendo 3DS\long hex number\another long hex number\extdata\00000000\0000008f <--this folder

And that will restore everything to normal. You will have to unwrap a bunch of presents though.

DarkRioru

reach for the stars
OP
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States

"Allow me to do stuff as in being able to use my 3ds normally? Or would I be able to use homebrew still?"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    Veho @ Veho: Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.