Hacking My GBA SP is not running the supercard micro sd

marcelocaloca

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have two GBA SP, both model AGS-001. They both work with all types of cartridges (GB, GBC, and GBA) normally. I made the purchase of two Supercard Micro SD, only in one of my GBA SP does not work. The two Supercards work normally on the other GBA SP. Has anyone ever been through this problem or can you tell me why this is happening? I inform you that the two Supercad is in the last version of firmware, v1.85. It follows image showing the screen of GBA SP that is not accepting the Supercard, and how to put a classic GB cartridge, with the nintendo logo in black, as if it gave error in the cartridge.
Thank you from now on

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2020-06-20 at 17.25.24.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-06-20 at 17.25.24.jpeg
    50.3 KB · Views: 449

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have two GBA SP, both model AGS-001. They both work with all types of cartridges (GB, GBC, and GBA) normally. I made the purchase of two Supercard Micro SD, only in one of my GBA SP does not work. The two Supercards work normally on the other GBA SP. Has anyone ever been through this problem or can you tell me why this is happening? I inform you that the two Supercad is in the last version of firmware, v1.85. It follows image showing the screen of GBA SP that is not accepting the Supercard, and how to put a classic GB cartridge, with the nintendo logo in black, as if it gave error in the cartridge.
Thank you from now on
Should of gotton EZ-Flash Omegas

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thank you from now on
The right GBA is in GBC mode which means the switch inside the cartridge slot is being triggered. Does that console play other GBA titles? If not, the switch inside the slot might be stuck or broken. If it plays original GBA games, there must be something on the cartridges pushing the GBC toggle switch down. take a look inside your cartridge slots, you should see a physical switch. Make sure it's not stuck (power on the GBA without a cartridge in at all, it should boot to a fullscreen image, not the small rectangular GBC image.

Tl;dr: something is engaging the GBC switch or it might be stuck. That's where you have to start looking.

Last edited by Localhorst86,

marcelocaloca

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should of gotton EZ-Flash Omegas
ex flash omega is better, but it's more expensive. Supercard mini already meets my needs to play 2 GBA games players. GBA 1 player games I play on NDS Lite.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The right GBA is in GBC mode which means the switch inside the cartridge slot is being triggered. Does that console play other GBA titles? If not, the switch inside the slot might be stuck or broken. If it plays original GBA games, there must be something on the cartridges pushing the GBC toggle switch down. take a look inside your cartridge slots, you should see a physical switch. Make sure it's not stuck (power on the GBA without a cartridge in at all, it should boot to a fullscreen image, not the small rectangular GBC image.

Tl;dr: something is engaging the GBC switch or it might be stuck. That's where you have to start looking.
Localhorst86, I'm pretty sure your answer will solve my problem. I didn't know about this switch inside the cartridge slot. GBA, GBC, and GB games work normally. It must be this cartridge that's pushing that switch down. I'm going to run some tests here, and if that's the case, make the proper repairs so that doesn't happen. Thank you very much right now, and as soon as I'm done with this, I'll let you know here.

marcelocaloca

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

yes, it worked!!!
I screwed up with a razor on the side of the GBC games switch slot cartridge, and now it's working. I noticed that in the cartridge of the supercard mini sd, it is less a space that has in the housing.
Thank you very much!!!

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2020-06-24 at 14.21.53.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-06-24 at 14.21.53.jpeg
    127.3 KB · Views: 292
  • WhatsApp Image 2020-06-24 at 14.21.54.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-06-24 at 14.21.54.jpeg
    189.9 KB · Views: 324
Reactions: Alexander1970

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
yes, it worked!!!
I screwed up with a razor on the side of the GBC games switch slot cartridge, and now it's working. I noticed that in the cartridge of the supercard mini sd, it is less a space that has in the housing.
Thank you very much!!!
Great to hear it worked. Have fun (at least so much fun one can have with the supercard)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte