1. marcelocaloca

OP marcelocaloca Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I have two GBA SP, both model AGS-001. They both work with all types of cartridges (GB, GBC, and GBA) normally. I made the purchase of two Supercard Micro SD, only in one of my GBA SP does not work. The two Supercards work normally on the other GBA SP. Has anyone ever been through this problem or can you tell me why this is happening? I inform you that the two Supercad is in the last version of firmware, v1.85. It follows image showing the screen of GBA SP that is not accepting the Supercard, and how to put a classic GB cartridge, with the nintendo logo in black, as if it gave error in the cartridge.
    Thank you from now on

Attached Files:

2. Shadow#1

Shadow#1 Wii & 3DS Softmod Expert

United States
    Should of gotton EZ-Flash Omegas

slaphappygamer and marcelocaloca like this.
  3. Localhorst86

Localhorst86 GBAtemp Addict

Germany
    The right GBA is in GBC mode which means the switch inside the cartridge slot is being triggered. Does that console play other GBA titles? If not, the switch inside the slot might be stuck or broken. If it plays original GBA games, there must be something on the cartridges pushing the GBC toggle switch down. take a look inside your cartridge slots, you should see a physical switch. Make sure it's not stuck (power on the GBA without a cartridge in at all, it should boot to a fullscreen image, not the small rectangular GBC image.

Tl;dr: something is engaging the GBC switch or it might be stuck. That's where you have to start looking.

Last edited by Localhorst86, Jun 23, 2020
    alexander1970 and marcelocaloca like this.
  4. marcelocaloca

OP marcelocaloca Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    ex flash omega is better, but it's more expensive. Supercard mini already meets my needs to play 2 GBA games players. GBA 1 player games I play on NDS Lite.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Localhorst86, I'm pretty sure your answer will solve my problem. I didn't know about this switch inside the cartridge slot. GBA, GBC, and GB games work normally. It must be this cartridge that's pushing that switch down. I'm going to run some tests here, and if that's the case, make the proper repairs so that doesn't happen. Thank you very much right now, and as soon as I'm done with this, I'll let you know here.

5. marcelocaloca

OP marcelocaloca Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    yes, it worked!!!
    I screwed up with a razor on the side of the GBC games switch slot cartridge, and now it's working. I noticed that in the cartridge of the supercard mini sd, it is less a space that has in the housing.
    Thank you very much!!!

Attached Files:

alexander1970 likes this.
  6. Localhorst86

Localhorst86 GBAtemp Addict

Germany
    Great to hear it worked. Have fun (at least so much fun one can have with the supercard)

marcelocaloca and alexander1970 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - supercard, running, micro