Gaming my GBA game is a bootleg

zeello

The reason we can't have nice things.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found my old copy of Castlevania Double Pack but turns out its a bootleg. Now I don't know what to do with it. Two ideas I had was to mail it to someone who wants it (provided it won't cost more than a dollar to ship) or to write "bootleg" on it using a pen and giving it to someone. But I'm open to suggestions.

I'm walking a moral fine line here! :P

jonthedit

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
I found my old copy of Castlevania Double Pack but turns out its a bootleg. Now I don't know what to do with it. Two ideas I had was to mail it to someone who wants it (provided it won't cost more than a dollar to ship) or to write "bootleg" on it using a pen and giving it to someone. But I'm open to suggestions.

I'm walking a moral fine line here! :P

Me!
:P
Well first could you show a video maybe of what boots on it?

zeello

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't like using bootlegs? What's not to love about good bootleg products?
but I beat it a long time ago and I don't play GBA games anymore. I was going to sell it until I realized its a bootleg, now I have be careful about how I get rid of it. GameTZ expressly forbids dealing in non original copies in any way and I assume eBay is no different. (and it would look bad considering eBay is notorious for bootlegs) Is it OK if I sell it on gbatemp?

jonthedit

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
but I beat it a long time ago and I don't play GBA games anymore. I was going to sell it until I realized its a bootleg, now I have be careful about how I get rid of it. GameTZ expressly forbids dealing in non original copies in any way and I assume eBay is no different. (and it would look bad considering eBay is notorious for bootlegs) Is it OK if I sell it on gbatemp?

Bootlegs are amazing rare things!
Unless of course it is literally the normal game redumped onto a fake cart. :\
I was looking for a custom "game"

TidusWulf

Real Aloha
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, how can you even tell? I have a bootleg of pokemon, but that's because it's literally some crappy unfinished Ruby ROMhack put onto a fake cart

New_GBA_Games_Pokemon_Perla_Version_915.jpg

loco365

Trophies
XP
I have a small pile of Pokemon bootlegs myself, as well as a Final Fantasy V Advance bootleg. They're kinda interesting to collect, there's so many out there, and some of them are such bad copies it's funny that they put effort into it.

zeello

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
omg.. i was trying to buy that cartridge off ebay. how did you find out this is bootleg ??

I compared it to my other GBA games and noticed differences:
- The games all said pat pending 002, but the number is 033 on this one
- the inside (where the metal contacts are) there is a rectangular gap
- The part on the front the says Game Boy Advance, the O has a dot in it so it looks just like a target logo.

I got the game off eBay long time ago. a while later the seller closed his account. There was feedback on his account from one person who accused him of selling fake carts.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have a small pile of Pokemon bootlegs myself, as well as a Final Fantasy V Advance bootleg. They're kinda interesting to collect, there's so many out there, and some of them are such bad copies it's funny that they put effort into it.

Out of curiousity: do you have the same Emerald bootleg that I have? It's basically Emerald with a google translate-tier translation and it's kind of amazing. I also have a bunch of normal games on fake carts, but those are boring.

zeello

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This Castlevania cart is just the normal game on a fake cart, I'm afraid. I never had anything like that Emerald bootleg. I think this is the only fake game I have unless my copy of Yugioh Nightmare Troubadour is also a fake. I honestly can't tell. (see my thread in DS game forum section)

loco365

Trophies
XP
Out of curiousity: do you have the same Emerald bootleg that I have? It's basically Emerald with a google translate-tier translation and it's kind of amazing. I also have a bunch of normal games on fake carts, but those are boring.
I so wish I did. I have a broken copy of Naranja and Quartz I think, as well as a bootleg Leaf Green.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
i didn't knew there was people interested on this botlegs, i got somewhere a pokemon gold botleg, it's half english there is some japanese, and lots of trainers only say "..."
when i was a kid i hated that cartridge but now that i remember, it was hilarious...

overdriver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I compared it to my other GBA games and noticed differences:
- The games all said pat pending 002, but the number is 033 on this one
- the inside (where the metal contacts are) there is a rectangular gap
- The part on the front the says Game Boy Advance, the O has a dot in it so it looks just like a target logo.

I got the game off eBay long time ago. a while later the seller closed his account. There was feedback on his account from one person who accused him of selling fake carts.

ok Thanks for the tips. I will be careful to differentiate legitimate cart.
you can send it to me :) I will pay shipping

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs