• Likes 13

SDA

Shame Yourself
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You may have noticed that the Metroid II - EJRTQ colorization hack has gotten its first negative review after four years since its release. The reason? "Palette choices are bad".

This is concrete proof that people are getting more and more exigent over time. When Super Mario Land 2 DX was released, there were no complaints at all. Then I find someone disliking the new Mario sprite in Super Mario Land DX, someone else getting mad at the lack of shading in Mega Man World 5 DX, another someone else wondering why there are no additional sound effects in Kirby's Dream Land 2 DX... and now this.

Not gonna lie, this trend is really GETTING ON MY FUCKING NERVES.

Last edited by SDA,

SDA

Shame Yourself
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Seems to be a "lazy DX" hack like Yoshi lately. Same as with Yoshi: I'd take it anytime over a monochrome version.
While Yoshi is a puzzle game, Mega Man IV and the other four games are platformers. The problem for me is that everything in Mega Man World 4 LDX is orange, as if you splattered the same color everywhere by accident.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I really wish WarioLand 1 would be recolored by somebody else. The colors used are too harsh, and need dialed-back. Most areas aren't even colored right. Whoever colored it doesn't appreciate the game enough to do it right.

Desconocido90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
These are the GB games I'd like to receive color patches:

Avenging Spirit: An original platform/beat'em in which you're a ghost capable of possessing enemies with different abilities. Although there is an arcade version with superior visuals (and difficulty), the GB version has some charm.

Jurassic Park Part 2 - The Chaos Continues: It's a good platform game (unlike its predecessor).

Kid Icarus - Of Myths and Monsters

And some homebrew like Deadeus, done with GB Studio before it supported GBC.

Reactions: SDA

SDA

Shame Yourself
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
These are the GB games I'd like to receive color patches:

Avenging Spirit: An original platform/beat'em in which you're a ghost capable of possessing enemies with different abilities. Although there is an arcade version with superior visuals (and difficulty), the GB version has some charm.

Jurassic Park Part 2 - The Chaos Continues: It's a good platform game (unlike its predecessor).

Kid Icarus - Of Myths and Monsters

And some homebrew like Deadeus, done with GB Studio before it supported GBC.
Kid Icarus is a game I also want in color. Too underrated.

SDA

Shame Yourself
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Added the Kirby's Dream Land 2 DX review! I actually did this a few days ago, didn't tell until now because the title screen image failed to show up properly for some reason. Noice.

Reactions: hippy dave

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Kirby's Dream Land DX - Fluffy Repair Service just got a negative review!

I told you this colorization is terrible as heck. When will kkzero fill this gap once and for all?
Everything they brought up is legit.

Reactions: lordelan

SDA

Shame Yourself
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Everything they brought up is legit.
This patch was in fact supposed to fix ALL of the bugs the original hack has. While it succeeded for the most part, not all bugs were fixed. And the colors? Well, that was the original author's (GreenAndACat) choice.

So as I mentioned in my review, keep playing the original monochrome version until we'll get a proper Kirby's Dream Land DX.

SDA

Shame Yourself
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
That can't be! Look at his sig, he hates that site sooooo much! :glare:
What gives? It's my opinion after all. You are free to ignore my signature if you don't like it.
Post automatically merged:

This reads like someone did the review.

But in fact it was your review.
Nothing wrong with that. Just had me smile when I read the latter.
No, that was someone else's review right there. I made my own review here, on this thread.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: 🦛 🐦 (🐑🐑) 🦛 🐦 (🐑🐑) 🦛 🐦 🦌🐑 🦛🐦 (🐑🐑)