• Views 5,811
  • Replies 64
  • Likes 4

Titney

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Remember when I said that it's not a good idea to play monochromatic Game Boy games on a Game Boy Color? Well, look at this screenshot from Kirby's Dream Land 2.
iMe8pic.png

The colors are, without any shadow of doubt, really horrible.
Kirby's Dream Land 2 is one of a few games that have custom palettes built into the GBC bios.
https://tcrf.net/Notes:Game_Boy_Color_Bootstrap_ROM#Assigned_Palette_Configurations

The Gambatte emulator should be able to run it in properly in GBC mode using the bios palettes. Or you can run the game on actual hardware in a way that the GBC sees the Kirby header when the game starts.

This was the only screenshot I was able to find and most people seem to screenshot it in SGB mode.
s3vf1urihw351.png

https://www.reddit.com/r/RetroArch/comments/gzozsn/sameboy_vs_gambatte_a_comparison_using_kirbys/

Last edited by Titney,

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably not a "GB TO GBC" but there was a "FAN" project for MMX2 recolor on the idea of "What if the Specs for the GBC were doubled", and its by far, my most favorite thing that could exist as a project, take in consideration that MMX2 (for the gbc) is my favorite game on that system:

upload_2021-9-15_14-9-52.png

upload_2021-9-15_14-10-43.png
upload_2021-9-15_14-10-6.png
eU7zaKs.png

Titney

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Remember when I said that it's not a good idea to play monochromatic Game Boy games on a Game Boy Color? Well, look at this screenshot from Kirby's Dream Land 2.
iMe8pic.png

The colors are, without any shadow of doubt, really horrible.
Here are some (crappy) pics to give an idea of what it looks like on real hardware. Looks like whatever emulator you're using might be going overboard with the slight yellow tint of the white on the real GBC screen.

OPykP8B.jpg
5Piu2Wz.jpg
I4MspGj.jpg
eEz8Qo7.jpg
yEUe6Ob.jpg

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Offline12345 @ Offline12345: Hot Wheels Unleashed v1.0.3TID: 0100AA60136D2000BID: 0695B4CD67E6B5C2