My Garden info page points to Spring 2011 release for 3DS

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by soulx, Sep 15, 2010.

1. soulx
    OP

Member soulx GBAtemp Legend

Canada

Before
    [​IMG]
    Now Changed Image

We know that My Garden is going to be a launch title for the 3DS. EA said that last night at their TGS event. According to the info page for My Garden, the game is set for a Spring 2011 release.

I think EA may have let the cat out of the bag on this one. Unless this is some huge misunderstanding, I'd say that the 3DS is a lock for 2011 release in NA.[/p]

[​IMG] Source

All these different release date. I don't know which one to believe now!

2. BlueStar

Member BlueStar GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Is there any reason to think even EA know an exact release date for the system? Hell, do Nintendo even know the exact date they're going to og for, or are they yet to decide on it based on how fast things progress in terms of game and system development?

3. soulx
    OP

Member soulx GBAtemp Legend

Canada

4. Fishaman P

Member Fishaman P Speedrunner

United States
    You know what?
    SSBB was a "launch" title.
    F*** EA.

5. KingVamp

Member KingVamp Great... AETHER!

United States
    um... still hoping for a 2010 release [​IMG]

6. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Haha, they made a typo, it says Nintendo DS, not 3DS.
    And I do not believe that 3rd parties know the exact release date. They would only know the fiscal quarter, which is what they care about.
    Plus, the Spring 2011 estimate is probably an overestimate.

7. wolfmanz51

Member wolfmanz51 MrNintendosense

United States
    more interesting is the pixel resolution of the screens on EA's site larger than the original specs of the 3DS. If Nintendo did this it would be awesome not just more detail of the screen, but to also allow origonal DS games upscaled at 2x,and hopefully with or without antialising for personal preference or 2d vs 3d antialising but this is just my speculation and would make sense after looking at the 3DS's graphical power but we will have to wait for september 29'th to find the answer to that question and more.

8. antwill

Member antwill Better Than You

Australia
    Wait so what exactly is so inappropriate for children in a gardening game?

9. BlueStar

Member BlueStar GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    I think it's more that they both have a general idea and the date they decide to announce for both the games and the system will vary depending on how complete everything is. Or do you think that they've set the dates in stone and if Nintendo decide they need to put the pencilled in date for the system release back a few months that EA are going to release their games anyway? Or that if it looks like there's only going to be two games definitely completed for the release time Nintendo had in mind they're going to release a system with nothing to play on it? It relies on the coming together of many things and it depends on how each f those aspects progress as to what date Nintendo is going to finally announce. And that's why they don't just announce it and be done with it, because they don't want to guess when everything will be ready and then have to change it, they leave it closer to the time.

I'm sure they have a vague idea, but I don't think there's a secret safe in the offices of both nintendo and all games devs with a slip of paper and a definite date on it in a golden envelope.

It wouldn't surprise me if they've got two possible dates and they're waiting to see if it's feasible to get enough units ready, enough games completed and manufactured for a pre-Christmas launch and, if not, putting it back further into 2011 to avoid releasing the system in the first quarter when everyone's broke after Christmas.