^^didn't play it that much, but I love it =D
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey, haven't made a blog post in a while. This place is getting kinda crazy what with Smash Bros. finally (incompletely) dumped and topics about Smash Bros. getting 40+pages of posts a day
wacko.gif

Anyways, I started gaming with my Gamecube, in 2002
wub.gif
. Well, actually I played a lot of N64 at my friend's house before that (Smash Bros., MK64, and Paper Mario FTW!!), but the Gamecube was MY first video game console. I loved it, but I never got it modded (didn't know about modding back then). I had two controllers for the GC. Some very notable games I had on the GC:

-Mario Party 4-kicked ass. MUCH better than Mario Party 8 on the Wii IMO. It had tons of hidden stuff, like if you use a Mega Mushroom and then pass Bowser in his stage, you get to beat him up in a minigame XD. NEVER got tired of this game, perfect for when friends came over
biggrin.gif
9/10

-Paper Mario: The Thousand year door-also extremely awesome. I'm a huge fan of the Paper Mario series, as all 3 of those games are amazing. SOOO addicting, graphics were nice, gameplay was awesome (turn-based RPG), many sidequests, long and captivating main game. 9.4/10
cool.gif

-Super Smash Bros. Melee-OK, I can't explain in words how awesome this game was, and most of you who've played it will probably agree with me. Tons of characters to play with, tons of stages as well, many modes. THE best game I have EVER played. It is made of pure WIN. It is so much fun to play with other people, but playing by yourself is great too. It took forever to finally beat this game. 10/10
bow.gif

Moving on, the first handheld I had was my GBASP, in 2003 I think. This thing was awesome, brought it with me wherever I went (well, nearly). I got this a little late, I'd played handhelds before this (my friend's old GBA). I never got a flashcart for my GBA though, once again I didn't know about it. Notable games on GBA:

-Pokemon Ruby-my first game on the GBA
biggrin.gif
It was freaking awesome, very addicting (Blaziken level 93 NO cheating was not an overnight thing). I played it so much, but nowhere near as much as my friend with the old GBA previously mentioned. He played his Sapphire for a total of about 126 hours
rofl2.gif
Anyways, I give it a 9/10

-Wario Ware: Mega Microgames-tons of fun, I gotta admit it was really hard at first (not like the stupid DS's crap Wario Ware
dry.gif
). It really tests your reaction times and hand-eye coordination. It's so much fun, many different stages and lots of microgames. 8.5/10

-Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga-a great RPG game. Took a while to beat but was very fun in the process. What can I say? Jumping on enemies' heads, whacking them with hammers, shooting fireballs and lightning out of your hand. Awesome Mario and Luigi action
smile.gif
9/10

Now let's go to the DS, which I got next, really late in summer 2007. Then I got my R4 in October 2007. Gotta say, I LOVE the touch screen. The games for DS that use the touch screen are in NO WAY gimmicks, as some may have thought in the early days of the DS. This thing is truly revolutionary, and the homebrew scene is great too, lots of fun homebrew. Notable games for DS:

-New Super Mario Bros.-this game was my first on DS, and one of the reasons I actually got it. TONS of fun, truly addicting. Too bad I was so addicted that I beat Bowser's castle in 1 week, completely beat it (3 stars) in 2.5 weeks. Still, the gameplay is fantastic, I really like it. I only wish there could've been wifi, and maybe some more minigames that aren't the same as SM64DS. 9/10
smile.gif

-Mario Kart DS-2nd game for DS, and I love it. Very nice controls, smooth gameplay. 16!! stages, wifi, DL play all make this game a masterpiece. Too bad I'm not a huge Mario kart fan, or else I would've rated this higher. 8.5/10.

-Geometry Wars: Galaxies-a retro game with a great design. The gameplay is like the movie 300 if you know it, where it's 300 Spartans versus 1,000,000 Persians, except there is only ONE of you and more than 1,000,000 enemies.
wacko.gif
You're a lone ship against constantly spawning life-form things, and you can use the stylus or buttons to shoot (I prefer stylus). EXTREME CHAOS is the only way to describe it. 9.2/10
-Pheonix Wright: Ace Attorney-just got started with this series, so I'm still on the first game. This game is awesome, much better than it sounds. You're a defense attorney and have to investigate to prove your witness innocent. It can get really hard and frustrating at times (thank god for gameFAQs), but overall it's extremely fun. 8.8/10

Finally, what other than the Wii. The Wii's motion sensing is revolutionary as well, only wish developers would make more games to utilize it. I got my Wii in summer 2007 as well. Actually, I ordered the DS from Amazon and bought my Wii from a retail store about 6 days after ordering the DS and 1 day before it arrived. Anyways, the Wii is very fun and great for everyone in the house. Unfortunately, that's what makes few games come out for the hardcore gamer
frown.gif
. Still, the Wii is a great console. I have yet to get it modded but plan to do so with the Wlip. I have 2 Wiimotes and 2 Nunchuks. Notable games on the Wii:

-Wii Sports-obviously my first game, since I live in the US and NTSC-U consoles come with it. This is the game that gets a lot out of the motion sensing. The whole thing is using the sensing, and it's a great game to play with friends who come over. Almost anyone can play this game, including grandparents and even 3-year-olds (just make sure the Wiimote jacket is on
laugh.gif
). It's extremely easy to pick up and play, and includes 5 sports-tennis, baseball, bowling, boxing, and golf. The gameplay is great, the only problem is that it's pretty plain. All you do is the same thing over and over, except against harder opponents as you go along. However, there are minigames with each sport that are very fun, but this game does get boring. 8/10

-Super Paper Mario-great game, the third in the paper mario series. However, this game is completely different from the other Paper mario's: yes, it's an RPG, but it is NOT turn-based. Plus, it is a game with both 2D and 3D, brilliantly incorporated together. Mario can now flip from the 2nd dimension to the 3rd, making this game very original. This game is one of the best on Wii IMO and definitely worth checking out. It's 1-player only but will last you a long time. 9.6/10
smile.gif

-Super Mario Galaxy-a truly original game as well. This game is a 3D mario game that takes place in Outer Space. You can walk completely around little planetoids, which provides a feel that is completely different from most video games. I'm not a huge 3D mario game, but even I love this game. There's lots to the game (120 stars+do it all again with Luigi+1 extra star after you get 240 with mario and luigi). Also, the gravity changes in some stages. For example, in one stage the gravity pulls you down in some places and up in others. It's a refreshing change from most platformers, and it even has a 2-player mode where some one else can help you jump, get star bits, and even stop enemies! Overall, a great title
wink.gif
9/10

I still play my DS and Wii a lot, but I sold my GBASP and GC (no use anymore). Gotta love gaming
wub.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The ST version honestly looks like they at least tried lol