My G6 Lite corrupted, I had to format it and I need help now

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Shinigami Kiba, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Shinigami Kiba
    OP

Shinigami Kiba GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 28, 2007
    Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
    After all these years it finally kicked the bucket it seems.
    I got the thing in 2006 and it worked flawlessly for GBA games until today.

Well earlier I turned my GBMicro on and the "Processing data" message just wouldn't go away.
    I tried deleting some games from it and instlaling new ones, that went without a hitch, but the thing still wouldn't load.
    I tried it on my DS Lite, GBA SP, regular GB and eventually decided it was time to format it for the first time.

I did that and it told me to get some maintenance thing for windows to get it up and running again, this thing apparently:
    http://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/flashcart-files/download-maintenance-utility-10011-f1699.html

Except that won't run at all
    it says it can only run under Windows 2k, I tried setting the compatibility mode to 2000 and XP and nothing, it doesn't run.

I'd really like to get my G6 Lite in working order if at all possible, but I somehow have a bad feeling about this.

2. how_do_i_do_that

how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

May 16, 2008
    Antarctica
    You have insufficient posts to view location.
    You will need to use a Virtual Machine and run either windows 2000 as your guest OS or windows XP as the guest OS.

The reason people have problems is because All GBA flashcarts that use drivers are for a 32 bit system. Compatibilty mode is for applications that DO NOT require drivers to work or interact to work.
    Compatiblity mode DOES NOT EXTEND TO DRIVERS.

Here is a basic guide you can use to get up and running. You only need to swap out ELink for your G6 as reference.
    http://gbatemp.net/threads/using-virtualbox-to-manage-legacy-gba-flashcarts.275407/

As of right now using a laptop to do this is currently an instant fail with Virtualbox atm. It just is and I am leaving it at that. You will need a desktop system.

3. Shinigami Kiba
    OP

Shinigami Kiba GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 28, 2007
    Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
    Thanks a lot man
    I'll dig up one of my older computers with XP on them and use that to fix it.
    I hope it works, or I have no idea where I'd get another GBA Flashcart at this point, I use my GBA for pick up and play games a lot.
    I mean I can play the games on Vita just fine, but I like playing them either on GBMicro or DS Lite the best