Swag.
OP
Trophies
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
Country
United States
So, My mom is going to let me use my $500 savings bond (now worth over $600) to get a new drumset. I am going to be selling my old on for $275. This is what I am going to be getting:

ddrum Defiant 7

580596.jpg

$500

Pearl DR-80 Drum Rack
DR-80.jpg

$180

And when I get money and get a job, these babies!

Axis AL2-CB Longboard Double Bass Pedal
L-L2CB_classicBlkLongboard.jpg

$545

God I love drums so much.

NeSchn

Swag.
OP
Trophies
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
Country
United States
david432111 said:
Looks cool! I've always wanted to play the drums but I never got around to taking drumming lessons.

You should try, I love playing drums. I don't usually ever get bored playing them at all and you look sexy playing on all that sexy equipment. The only downfall is how expensive everything is
frown.gif

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Damn that stuff is expensive! Looks awesome though ^^.

I had this phase when I wanted to play drums. Too bad I never got to actually play them. I am thinking of playing guitar though... Not electric... Like acoustic.

NeSchn

Swag.
OP
Trophies
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
Country
United States
Splych said:
Damn that stuff is expensive! Looks awesome though ^^.

I had this phase when I wanted to play drums. Too bad I never got to actually play them. I am thinking of playing guitar though... Not electric... Like acoustic.

Yeah, I finally picked up guitar, I have always been like "Ehhh, maybe I will play someday" then one day I picked up an electric and realized that I was pretty good at playing Death Metal
tongue.gif
so then I pick up Acoustic and my friend taught me some chords. I am still a noob at it though, I'm just glad I can play a little bit.

You should definitely pick up an instrument, it helps with boredom
tongue.gif

NeSchn

Swag.
OP
Trophies
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
Country
United States
PharaohsVizier said:
Hey NeSchn, perhaps I'm sort of the ruin-the-day type, but ever think about reinvesting in bonds? I mean if you got $600 from a $500 investment, perhaps it'd be wise to sink that money back in? Or do what I do with good investments, put your original amount back in, and just spend the extras.

Although that drum set does look incredibly awesome. I didn't realize racks and stuff cost so much... XD

@Splych - I made the same decision a month or so back, I was thinking piano or guitar, just for the hell of it. The goal was to be able to play one or two songs just to say I know how to play an instrument. I went with acoustic guitar because it costed me $15 or something at a garage sale, plus its so much easier to bring around. Sort of fun to play from time to time, even if I absolutely blow at it, and still can't read sheet music remotely fast enough.

I was thinking that but my mom is like "Oh our country is going to shit! I wouldn't put anymore money in bonds blah blah blah..." so basically she just told me to take it out, use it, and then put the rest in a bank or something and when I am 18 put it in the stock market or something. (Psst, I will probably be using it on the drumrack
tongue.gif
). But yeah, I thought about reinvesting but I also thought that if I get this drumset now, I won't be needing a new drumset for a very long long time. So in a way it is kinda investing because as drumsets get older, they tend to go up in price unless they are shitty ones like that one I have right now
tongue.gif

And yeah, I agree with you. Sheet music sucks, I still can read it at all, and I am in Jazz band. So I just make up my own stuff on the drums XD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/