My friend's O2DS turns on and plays home menu music, but the screens will not turn on

TsumugiShirogane

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Title explains it. She told me that the console is around 6 years old, and has been sitting in her closet for a lot of said time. The light turns on, it holds a charge, but both screens won't turn on. Any help?

CoolMe

That's the way she goes..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe it's stuck in sleep mode, have you tried removing the battery and putting it back?
You can try the magnet trick, though don't know if it's the same like other 3ds models when the location is between the A button and start button just hover the magnet around that area and see if the screen shows an image..
Or it could be the backlight, to check go to a dark room and turn it on, if you see an image and it's just so dim, then it's probably the backlight is faulty.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Maybe it's stuck in sleep mode, have you tried removing the battery and putting it back?
You can try the magnet trick, though don't know if it's the same like other 3ds models when the location is between the A button and start button just hover the magnet around that area and see if the screen shows an image..
Or it could be the backlight, to check go to a dark room and turn it on, if you see an image and it's just so dim, then it's probably the backlight is faulty.
No, can't be.
O2DS doesn't have a magnetic sensor and in sleep mode there is no Home Menu music.
===============

Title explains it. She told me that the console is around 6 years old, and has been sitting in her closet for a lot of said time. The light turns on, it holds a charge, but both screens won't turn on. Any help?
Questions:
  • Is the console modded / does it have custom firmware? → Much easier to troubleshoot
  • Does the screen backlight turn on?
  • Any known physical shocks? Has it been dropped?

Last edited by KleinesSinchen,

TsumugiShirogane

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Questions:
  • Is the console modded / does it have custom firmware? → Much easier to troubleshoot
  • Does the screen backlight turn on?
  • Any known physical shocks? Has it been dropped?
[/QUOTE]

No, idk and no. The videos she sent me look like they dont, though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs