Hardware My friend's gamepad broke and he's stuck on a notification

Dogenberg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Like the title says my friend can't play because his gamepad broke and there's a notification that asks something on the touch screen, is it possible to remove it with a pro controller?

aykay55

Professional Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you turn the console on and off when does the notification appear?

I assume that you have the console connected to a TV so if you can please describe when exactly the notification appears.

Last edited by aykay55,

Dogenberg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It appears before the user selection but i can't say for sure, it's my friend's console and i'm posting for him, he said it's before he can select anything

Last edited by Dogenberg,

aykay55

Professional Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems like the message that you held the POWER button on the console for more than 4 seconds, which caused it to force power off, but that has an OK button on the TV screen. You can use the Pro Controller to select that and dismiss it, but I assume this isn't that message.

Can you tell me exactly how you turn the console on and off?

Last edited by aykay55,

Dogenberg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It looks like a notification from miiverse, something like "you can't use miiverse anymore, thank you for using it"

SonicMC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a "just wondering if it might work..."; but don't know.

I know there is a way to make the wii u boot to the vwii menu first. Using some sort of holding the b button down after powering on or something.
There is also a channel on the vwii menu to return to wii u menu.

So I would try those and see if the different entry point can get you in.

aykay55

Professional Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I got it. Did you ever save the password to your account on the Wii U?

I know there is a way to make the wii u boot to the vwii menu first. Using some sort of holding the b button down after powering on or something.

It would still boot into the user-selection screen, which is what causes the message to appear.

Reactions: SonicMC

Dogenberg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

I'll tell my friend to try it but i think it requires the B button from the gamepad which is broken so i doubt it'll work, thanks anyway for the suggestion

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I think I got it. Did you ever save the password to your account on the Wii U?
Yes he saved it if i remember correctly

Reactions: SonicMC

aykay55

Professional Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes he saved it if i remember correctly
Okay it makes sense now. The password saved on the console has been changed so the one registered no longer works, so the message displayed is asking him to enter the password again. If the gamepad was working, he would press OK and then it would open the keyboard, which is when an option to switch to the TV would be displayed on the TV. Obviously he can't get to the keyboard so I'll have to further look into this later, unless anyone else wants to take over from here. But the message is most probably saying the password for the NNID is incorrect, so if he somehow remembers the password he registered in the Wii U before he can change it back to that. I'l continue looking into it and get back to you later unless someone else here can help out. See you later then.

Dogenberg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Okay it makes sense now. The password saved on the console has been changed so the one registered no longer works, so the message displayed is asking him to enter the password again. If the gamepad was working, he would press OK and then it would open the keyboard, which is when an option to switch to the TV would be displayed on the TV. Obviously he can't get to the keyboard so I'll have to further look into this later, unless anyone else wants to take over from here. But the message is most probably saying the password for the NNID is incorrect, so if he somehow remembers the password he registered in the Wii U before he can change it back to that. I'l continue looking into it and get back to you later unless someone else here can help out. See you later then.
He didn't change the password, it's a miiverse message from when nintendo closed it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: they be like which lite firefox exe pls