Hacking My friend is getting a update bar for a hacked game?

wiiubro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Me and my friend wanted to play minecraft together on the wiiu. I convinced him to homebrew his wii u so we could play. He installed minecraft from wiiu usb helper, and the update, but when he launches it, it gives him an update bar...? I didn't even know what to say, but I just told him to see if the update bar completes, 20 minutes later, it didn't even move. What's going on peeps?

vladik4kides

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
if he's using the haxchi method, you can disable update block (because it's kinda useless right now) and just try launching the game one more time so it downloads updates from the eshop server

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Me and my friend wanted to play minecraft together on the wiiu. I convinced him to homebrew his wii u so we could play. He installed minecraft from wiiu usb helper, and the update, but when he launches it, it gives him an update bar...? I didn't even know what to say, but I just told him to see if the update bar completes, 20 minutes later, it didn't even move. What's going on peeps?
Are updates blocked with the DNS method? That prevents eShop etc. from working correctly.
The best way to block updates is deleting the update folder on NAND, as there's no way to update accidentally when connecting to a new wifi network or re-adding the wifi for some reason, and eShop still works (granted you need to use nnupatcher to actually access it if on 5.5.1, I don't think the 99.99.99 version patch in Haxchi is enough to get it working)
You can also install updates with wupinstaller like someone else mentioned, gets kind of inconvenient when there are frequent updates though.

SANIC

GBATemp's Sonic Fan in Residence, 後
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are updates blocked with the DNS method? That prevents eShop etc. from working correctly.
The best way to block updates is deleting the update folder on NAND, as there's no way to update accidentally when connecting to a new wifi network or re-adding the wifi for some reason, and eShop still works (granted you need to use nnupatcher to actually access it if on 5.5.1, I don't think the 99.99.99 version patch in Haxchi is enough to get it working)
You can also install updates with wupinstaller like someone else mentioned, gets kind of inconvenient when there are frequent updates though.
Or just update his system and have haxchi

wiiubro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Update for people: He has installed everything using Who installed mod y, and it has worked perfectly when we play terraria. I have also made him get the special dns to block updates but nothing's working! And also he doesn't have enough money for haxchi right now and he said it's fine if he just uses the normal browser exploit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/a93F-EEw6HM?si=tUXuLXhXiWUsmIIv