Question My friend doesn't understand why I can't put games on my SD card through drag and drop..

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by omegaultima, Nov 19, 2019.

1. omegaultima
    OP

omegaultima Member

Newcomer
    Oct 22, 2008
    United States
    ..and I'm confused as to why he CAN.

I moved everything to my SD card and booted Atmosphere properly with the hekate payload injector and all so that parts all fine. My problem is putting nps files on my SD card. I heard anything over 4GB can't be moved onto it, hence the reason it gave me an error when doing so. Ok fine, USB transfer it is. Put goldtree on card, ran Zadig, selected the Switch, installed/replaced with lilusbK driver. Booted up quark through java and made my path on my desktop, games show on goldtree, hit install....

...and it sends an error right back at me.
    The cfw goes into this screen that gives me an option to go back to the homebrew menu or switch menu, and quark just displays some issue with the transfer, or usb connection. Either my usb ports are messed up or something is up with the two new cords I just purchased. I get I can drop games onto the card if its exFAT, but pretty much everyone has dissuaded me from doing this as its unstable(and idk why my friend would format his card like this if thats how he's able to move games). Other than that, I might try to inject with fusee, as hecate apparently also causes install problems for some people.

Any dealt with this error before?

2. Andalitez

Andalitez GBAtemp Fan

Jul 2, 2018
    France
    Final Space
    FAT32 which your card is formatted to is limited to 4gb or smaller per file.Exfat doesn't have this limitation,hence why your friend can drag and drop large files

As for the reasons to avoid ExFat is that its more prone to corruption, especially where homebrew is concerned.Sometimes you can recover with partial data loss, sometimes you lose everything.its just the nature of this.

Regarding your error, no idea mate.does goldleaf show the error? Have you updated everything, including sig patches to install nsp files?
    If you have a standard atmosphere install,you most certainly don't have sigpatches that allows you to pirate.

You pretty much have 3 options at this point. 1 try and post the error and attempt to get the root cause of it.

2.use an nsp splitter (PC based) to split the files into 4gb or less so you can drag/drop onto the SD card

3.back up everything and format the card to ExFat then copy everything back

Username4321 and KiiWii like this.
  3. omegaultima
    OP

omegaultima Member

Newcomer
    Oct 22, 2008
    United States
    I got everthing from SDsetup.

I also notice the device disconnects after I connect with the CFW after payload injection, is this normal? And the patches I downloaded are whats shown in that SD card folder, not sure if they're the same patches you're talking about.

EDIT: Tried transferring an NSP around a gig or so, and the same error occurred.

Attached Files:

Last edited by omegaultima, Nov 20, 2019
  4. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Guru

May 6, 2006
    United States
    You cant put a file over 4gb on fat32. Period. You need exfat if you want to do that.

5. omegaultima
    OP

omegaultima Member

Newcomer
    Oct 22, 2008
    United States
    Alright, well I found out what the problem was. My NPS files defaulted to "read-only" in the properties.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted