My friend bricked my Wii (using Nintendont?)

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by GerarRv, Sep 11, 2018.

1. GerarRv
    OP

GerarRv Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2018
    Venezuela
    Valencia, Carabobo, Tierra-616
    Hi, good morning, my Wii got bricked so i ask here, because im kinda loose. I lend my Wii's to a friend a few weeks ago for him to Play some gamecube games using Nintendont via SD Card. He particularly wanted to play Fire Emblem for GCN. He told me he was playing the game just fine but then the console crashed. He then restarted the Wii via hard reset and continue playing via Nintendont, until the console crashed again. By the moment he turned the console on again, it wasn't giving any type of signal, just black screen. So i got my Wii bricked.

My wii had bootmii installed (it booted before the console), and it was updated years ago to 4.3U using Pymp My Wii (i think), with a lot of emulators and stuff. I didn't actually think i used any sort of modification that could damage the console this badly (maybe some wads for some virtual console games that didn't work), but since i didn't was the one who has the console when this happen, im not sure if my friend is lying or not.

So, what can i do here? at this point i need the console to work, doesn't matter if i need to put it as it was brand new, but i need to save my console since i like to play Retrogames very often.

Thank you

2. Shadow#1

Shadow#1 Wii & 3DS Softmod Expert

Nov 21, 2005
    United States
    your friend owes u a wii now

3. leon315

leon315 POWERLIFTER

Nov 27, 2013
    Italy
    if you own the 1st model of wii which boots bootmii before anything else, you should still be able to get in Bootmii scheme whenever it's bricked or not, maybe he just messed up bootmii's config causing wrong load orders and do you still have nand backup?

The 1st model wii is brick-proof and dumbass-kid-proof if you previously backed up nand

Last edited by leon315, Sep 11, 2018
  4. XFlak

XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Sep 12, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario
    Insert the SD card with the bootmii folder into your wii. If your missing it, you can download it from one of ModMii Classic's download pages. From there u can restore a nand backup which you hopefully have, but even if u don't as long as u can get into bootmii there are other ways you should be able to fix your wii

5. AmandaRose

AmandaRose The Fallen Angel

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Glasgow
    Your friend done more than use nintendont as nintendont does not modify any system files.

6. XFlak

Sep 12, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario
    While you're most likely correct, the wii could have just failed due to normal wear and tear on the hardware

BORTZ likes this.
  7. GerarRv
    OP

GerarRv Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2018
    Venezuela
    When i boot the console, nothing happens at all, i cannot access to bootmii even tho i do have it installed and everytime i booted the console, i enter bootmii like usual, now like i say i only get a black screen. My friend insist he only played Fire Emblem via Nintendont, but i dont think he's telling all the truth.

The root of my SD looks like that and the bootmii .ini looks like in the .jpg. My wii is really old, in fact has a modchip (not softmod) and the serial number of the console is LU3552.

EDIT: i cannot put pictures of how my SD looks like, but im not sure is the fact that the bootmii.ini is not in a paragraph line of command, its just a long line

Last edited by GerarRv, Sep 11, 2018
  8. AmandaRose

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Glasgow
    That possibly could be the answer all i know is its not nintendonts fault.

XFlak likes this.
  9. XFlak

Sep 12, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario
    Do u have a bootmii folder on the SD card with an armboot.bin file inside it?

10. GerarRv
    OP

GerarRv Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2018
    Venezuela
    Yes, yes i do. Since im new, i cannot put hyperlinks here (or images). But i do have my .bin file that says armboot, an .ini file that says bootmii, and a .elf called "ppcboot.elf"

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

My friend told me that he actually hard reset the console at least two times since Fire Emblem crashed using Nintendont, so i maybe he damaged the console doing that?

11. DeadlyFoez

DeadlyFoez GBAtemp Guru

Apr 12, 2009
    United States
    What does he mean by "hard reset"? Like as in factory reset? Either way, I doubt that would have done it.

12. GerarRv
    OP

GerarRv Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2018
    Venezuela
    Im guessing he disconnected the Wii power connector and plugged it again? I don't think this has something to do, but im throwing here everything i know

13. Milenko

Milenko GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 16, 2017
    Australia
    Could be the power cord

14. AmandaRose

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Glasgow
    I think nintendont crashed simply because the wii is dieing of old age. Pulling the power cord out would not break things

Last edited by AmandaRose, Sep 11, 2018
  15. GerarRv
    OP

GerarRv Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2018
    Venezuela
    I may ask him to give me his console (he has a wii too), but i really don't want to unless its absolutely a must, im sure its not his fault

16. AmandaRose

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Glasgow
    Just buy a replacement they are only like 7 pounds second hand here in Scotland same price as a meal from McDonald's lol.

17. bodefuceta

bodefuceta Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 3, 2018
    Brazil
    Funny I also had my Wii crash with Fire emblem PoR on Nintendont, I think it had to do with the memory card size config, I also think I had to use another ROM dump, and that I did have to plug it off the power outlet. Maybe check the power supply unit?

18. GerarRv
    OP

GerarRv Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2018
    Venezuela
    So, it not only me! Just by curiosity, i actually pulled out both memory cards, plug and unplug gamecube controller and still doesn't work. I don't think the DVD unit even make a noise to start, its just power ons and nothing else happens.

19. GerarRv
    OP

GerarRv Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2018
    Venezuela
    So i asked my friend for his Wii, and apparently his player 1 gamecube controller port doesnt work. Yeah...I think it would be nice to recover my console

20. ready4war

ready4war Member

Newcomer
    Sep 7, 2018
    United States
    10$ Rasberry Pi with RetroArch installed.

You can do that.

wait a minute this should be deleted