Hacking My friend bricked - help

jmhannz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My friend gave me his console today after seeing me do my A9HL Luma hack, saying he bricked his with the 3ds guide. He is on 11.0, he went all the way through to the part where you boot in get to the web browser and hit select, it messed up he got pissed and just restored NAND back to 11, then he tried again and once he got to the part where you put the files for fasthax safehax on SD card and boot in, now the console you power it on and blue light for 2 seconds and nothing. Is he screwed

Reactions: retrofan_k

walzarozo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was in the part before that, where you have to take out the SD card and place fast/safehax on sd card. Fasthax did not complete its process and returned a red screen, now I cannot boot into anything by holding any of the buttons into any kind of recovery like I previously could. Any way to boot back into Godmode or anything from this point?

Sascha93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I was in the part before that, where you have to take out the SD card and place fast/safehax on sd card. Fasthax did not complete its process and returned a red screen, now I cannot boot into anything by holding any of the buttons into any kind of recovery like I previously could. Any way to boot back into Godmode or anything from this point?
Can you boot into system menu?
How could you load a payload(godmode etc.) previosly, without something like A9LH installed?

jmhannz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just found out he deleted a lot of files left on his SD card. I put the arm9loader bin back in the root directory from the Luma, and now it boots into luma configuration, but hes missing pretty much EVERYTHING, godmode etc. If we can get it to manage to boot back into 11 we have to downgrade back to 2 and repeat all the steps....

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Just found out he deleted a lot of files left on his SD card. I put the arm9loader bin back in the root directory from the Luma, and now it boots into luma configuration, but hes missing pretty much EVERYTHING, godmode etc. If we can get it to manage to boot back into 11 we have to downgrade back to 2 and repeat all the steps....
It's okay, you don't need to redowngrade. You can put GodMode9, Hourglass9 etc back in the Luma\payloads folder and name them start_Hourglass9.bin, up_GodMode9.bin (just an example) to boot them when holding that button. If you're missing FBI, you can redo the injection by following that part of the guide, or try this method https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-install-fbi-without-injecting-over-h-s.458998/

Reactions: Sascha93

Sascha93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So the CTR transfer part should be finished. Stay away from dowgrading again!
I hope he backed up the files earlier, like NAND etc.....

As he hit select like you said in the first post, i think it worked, he should've checked the SD-card if the generated file is on it, not delete the whole card...
If your files are there, just follow the last part of the guide.

jmhannz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly I am not sure what he deleted. I know he feels like a dumb ass right now because of all this extra hassle and I am sitting here at this point texting him pictures of bricks and its great, really brightening up my morning. But I guess now we'll have to get all the stuff back on the card thats missing and pickup from the tutorial, without downgrading back to 2 as you say, hes on 11 as far as I am aware but we never saw it boot yet, but we got to the Luma Config portion now that I put the one file on the SD. He might have to rerun the browser portion and reselect as he is trigger happy and deletes everything when he gets nervous.

Last edited by jmhannz,

walzarozo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right now the 3ds boots into the Luma config screen. I will give you a list of the steps I completed, if possible I would like to know how to start from scratch or continue if possible;

-Got soundhax working
-Got to homebrew channel
-Launched Fasthax and then Safehax
-Did the CTRLtransfer
-obtained nand backup about 1.2GB
-When typing in the web browser address (xrsa address) I got the glitch screen, waited, pressed select
-idk if arm9loaderhax installed and my 3ds shut off and I got no confirmation
-I thought something was wrong and restored my nand back to 11.0.33u
-restarted process, was doing Fasthax again, got red screen
-This is when I messed up and deleted everything (trying to start over) so I don't know what step I am on
-Currently boots into Luma updater 6.6, any advice on where I need to move from here?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

To clarify, I got a red screen on Fasthax which rendered my 3ds unbootable, then I deleted things which I know made it worse. And now it boots into Luma updater

Jhnsn

*Flat is Justice*
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You already have a9lh installed. Man please. You can't run fasthax because luma doesn't let it run an arm11 exploit.

And why does it boot into luma updater? Luma updater isn't a arm9 payload.

Download the latest luma, put it on sd, boot system. If it doesn't boot, restore backup. If backup is corrupt, do a ctr-transfer to 9.2. Then update.

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You already have a9lh installed. Man please. You can't run fasthax because luma doesn't let it run an arm11 exploit.

And why does it boot into luma updater? Luma updater isn't a arm9 payload.

Download the latest luma, put it on sd, boot system. If it doesn't boot, restore backup. If backup is corrupt, do a ctr-transfer to 9.2. Then update.
Luma updater 6.6

Calls it 6.6, but Luma Updater version is 1.4.2: https://github.com/Hamcha/lumaupdate/releases

Sooooo... he's probably at the config screen.

jmhannz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was helping him. I just proved it wasn't bricked by putting the 1 file back on the SD card and showing him. We're both at work for the next 6 hours so its hard to do anything at this point ha.

walzarozo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am stuck as to where to proceed from here since I don't think I can start over from scratch (11.0.33u) even though I have the nand backup. I am already out of the order of the proper steps but listed what I did get to.

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am stuck as to where to proceed from here since I don't think I can start over from scratch (11.0.33u) even though I have the nand backup. I am already out of the order of the proper steps but listed what I did get to.
https://3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax
Start from the beginning of that, and skip Section II - Installing arm9loaderhax

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
At that point I should be on section 3, running 2.1.0. But I'm not. I restored 11.0.33u.
Okey so you have restored, does everything work normally? why I ask is because if this is the case, time to re-do the guide and please, be patient. Take your time, it's a nervracking experience but the guide is solid.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse