Hacking My folders suddenly turn to .exe

klaw224

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
well i have this problem with my edge card. Apparently it turns all my folders to .exe! when i click on it it shows up the files and stuff but when i place it on the DS it wont see the folders cuz its .exe

I tried formatting it and it still wont work. Once i place a new folder in my DS it turns to .exe when i place it on my computer. Please help me i cant play anthing!

Chris_Skylock

Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
identify the virus/ worm. please visit kaspersky online and scan your computer. locate the infected files and delete them. never open suspicious exe files specially the ones from yours.

run combofix after kaspersky online scan. run malwarebytes anti-malware. delete recycle folder hidden from your computer. delete restore file.

about combofix, if using windows xp, try not to download the recovery file.

moodswinger

Trophies
XP
Country
One problem with the Conficker worm is that it disables you to update your antivirus/antimalware software or even visit antivirus/antimalware sites so you have get them from another source.

Chris_Skylock

Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
it's not the conficker worm. please identify the worm and tell me (us)

locate autorun.ini in the memory card and open it with notepad. copy and paste it here

the one that affected me is rojan Dropper Win32 Flystud ko and Flystudio.b. it creates EXE folders and hides the real folders. I ran kaspersky online and removed the files.

these are the files affected:

C:\Windows\System32\5A8DCC\AK63A1C.EXE Infected: not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.FlyStudio.b 1
C:\Windows\System32\5A8DCC\nmurnxp.exe Infected: not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.FlyStudio.b 1

and it resolves my problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: