!dennaB
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
FFTA2 has been having some problems, like all of a sudden freezing up (yet with the music still going). That I could tolerate. My FTA2 save is still on the card, but the ROM won't read it or it is corrupt. Now when I load the game up the only option is to start a new game.

Note: It is the (E) version, as it was out first.

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
well for starters back up the save file just incase and download the rom from another source. If that still doesn't work format your sd card (ensuring that you've backed up your saves/roms!!) and ensure that you're using the latest firmware before trying again.

Those are the usual steps to be taken in these kinds of situations. If that doesn't work then your problem may not be as common.

silent sniper

!dennaB
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, well I've tried both of those, neither worked. But I think I have found a clue. I usually rename my roms (right click+rename) and I renamed this one just short to FFTA2.nds

BUT, when viewing roms in my DS they should all appear as romnamehere.nds but this rom appears as FFTA.NDS

all captials. maybe theres something wrong with that?

ravagekd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the name of your .sav file has to match the name of the .nds file, I'm pretty sure. did you rename both? make sure they have identical filenames and see if that helps it recognize your save

Stinkycheese

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Where excactly did it freeze? Mine has been doing that to; it froze on three of the Bonga Bugle missions and a (mandatory) goug mission. Halp!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended