Japanese - 日本語 - Language Learning

My favourite self-study website for Grammar - Bunpro

TigerTiger

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There's a lot of websites/apps out there which can help you with memorizing words and kanji, but hardly any for grammar!

What I like about Bunpro is that it's an SRS, (Spaced Repetition System), like Anki and Wanikani (made by the same people). It functions as both a textbook where you can learn and see examples of grammar in use, as well as test yourself.

6773c994c5e75c9d240662b3a0fe2df082efc4df.png

Some people have argued that with this method, you're basically memorizing example sentences instead of 'picking up grammar', but honestly, remembering something I saw somewhere else is how I remember like 90% of verb conjugations :rofl2: There's a somewhat limited example sentence base which you're tested on, but you can also add your own examples/supplement them with whatever you're currently using (e.g. Genki)

It's not free (which, normally is a bit of a turn off for me), but it really isn't that expensive for what it is and I found it to be a helpful and quick way to self-study grammar. There's a free trial up to a certain level (I forget), but I'd certainly recommend anyone interested to try it out and I hope it helps!

Reactions: Issac

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
It's not free (which, normally is a bit of a turn off for me), but it really isn't that expensive for what it is and I found it to be a helpful and quick way to self-study grammar. There's a free trial up to a certain level (I forget), but I'd certainly recommend anyone interested to try it out and I hope it helps!
You can continue after the trial period, with a free account but you lack a few features.
As someone who has tried the features, do you think they are a big part of the experience?

1633438584929.png

TigerTiger

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can't do the review questions after the trial, which was the main draw to me. (That's the part I shared an image of above, where they give you grammar questions to answer.) With the free account, it's pretty much like a grammar textbook, which is cool, but because their explanations are kind of minimal, I don't think it'd be that good as just a 'learning' material. I use it to practise stuff I've learned elsewhere, basically :D

They do give you recommendations for 'extra reading' where you can go to find out more about a specific point, though! (This is also included in the free version afaik)

Typical (basic) grammar explanation:
1.png

Extra links:
2.png

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Wow yeah, that's a big feature to miss out on! Clearly sounds like it's worth 3 bucks a month in my opinion 😊 have to try it though, but still!
It will be 5 bucks a month eventually, since it's currently 40% off

TigerTiger

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oh wow, I'll have to keep a look out for that! I just subscribed to the monthly one when I was first trying it out because I wasn't sure and worked out that there really wasn't that much in it to make committing to a year such a good deal, but it's definitely been over a year since I first subscribed now o_o

Latest photos

Site & Scene News

Group statistics

Members:
Threads:
Photos: