Hacking My external HDD is freezing lately during gameplay.

Yoyoenix91

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never had problems for the last few months on my SeaGate 1B External HDD, but now games are starting to freeze at random times.

Skyward Sword froze when I tried to enter a new room in the final dungeon, and Mario Party 9 froze randomly during gameplay.

Sometimes it doesn't detect my drive the first time either on USB Loader GX, and I have to replug it in.

Is there anything I can do to fix this? It's not that old of a drive...

AngryGeek416

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Well i mean im not 100% how could i be but usually things like that start to happen when its time. Does it make any funny noises? can you reproduce the freeze in skyward sword if you wanted to like if it freezes at that same spot again then it might not be your drive it could be your cio's you know what i mean.

Yoyoenix91

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As it turns out, my external HDD was set to conserve power and spin at a slower speed after 3 minutes.. might that have been the problem? I switched the setting to Never.

Mio4489

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
As it turns out, my external HDD was set to conserve power and spin at a slower speed after 3 minutes.. might that have been the problem? I switched the setting to Never.

How did you turn off this feature? I have the exact same issue as you although no one has been able to help me :(

Reactions: Ottalaus_saus

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make a backup of that HDD inmediately! It's about to die.

Unless of course, that's a feature of the HDD... which is weird because if its being used shouldn't "stand by" by itself... :v

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He can connect the drive to a pc and use crystal disk infor and read the smart data.
Regardless if the drive is going bad or not 600 games needs to be backed up. I have over 700 games all zipped up stored on 200+ DVD DL 8.5gb discs. I chose the discs route as an archive because having my wii games on one drive is a disaster waiting to happen. To bad i did not have my blu ray burner back then.... 50gb a disc is great.

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He can connect the drive to a pc and use crystal disk infor and read the smart data.
Regardless if the drive is going bad or not 600 games needs to be backed up. I have over 700 games all zipped up stored on 200+ DVD DL 8.5gb discs. I chose the discs route as an archive because having my wii games on one drive is a disaster waiting to happen. To bad i did not have my blu ray burner back then.... 50gb a disc is great.

I should do the same, gonna buy a BRburner with some BR Discs. Don't want to lose my Wii U/Wii Games!

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I should do the same, gonna buy a BRburner with some BR Discs. Don't want to lose my Wii U/Wii Games!
I have a LG bd writer that supports the BD xl which burns the 100/120gb discs.
I recommend the verbatem discs. You can get the M-discs, they are supposed to last 1000 years lol. They are to expensive at the moment. The regular verbatem discs should be good for 30 years.

Reactions: huma_dawii

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a LG bd writer that supports the BD xl which burns the 100/120gb discs.
I recommend the verbatem discs. You can get the M-discs, they are supposed to last 1000 years lol. They are to expensive at the moment. The regular verbatem discs should be good for 30 years.
I should be dead by then xDDDD
Can you pass me the model of your BR drive?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm sleepy good night