Homebrew My emulator erases my save files

Drognar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I using No$GBA which is a awesome emulator because of the speed and percision, but if theres anything wrong with it I have to say saving. I can never load my saves no matter if use the right save type or not, saving states doesn't work either. In some games using the proper save type will get U by until you close it then your datas gone for good, a example of this is FFIV DS.I have tried this with multiple games and each one deletes my data after closing out No$GBA, I refuse to switch to IdeaS because its slow and not worth it. Please help
cry.gif

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Go to the Emulation Options, choose a save type for the game you want (most common is EEPROM 64K or Flash 512). I think the default is set to none so that means it won't save at all, which is the problem you were experiencing. If it's too much trouble to figure out what the save type for your game is, then you can buy version 2.6a because it automatically detects the save type.

Drognar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go to the Emulation Options, choose a save type for the game you want (most common is EEPROM 64K or Flash 512). I think the default is set to none so that means it won't save at all, which is the problem you were experiencing. If it's too much trouble to figure out what the save type for your game is, then you can buy version 2.6a because it automatically detects the save type.

[/quote
No, its not the did you even read my full post?! I know the proper save type which is EEPROM 64K, I've checked it. With none selected the game doesn't boot period.

psycoblaster

Divine
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
first of all, what version do you use? and in the same directory as your emulator EXE file, there should be a folder called BATTERY which contains the save file
When you save a game and close the emulator, see if the save file is there, and you might want to save it somewhere else temporarily...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ding dong