!dennaB
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
So my DVD drive, the Sony DW-D22A is refusing to burn DVD's (which it is supposed to do!) with any file or program, I've googled my drive and some say that the DW-D22A isn't actually a Sony drive at all but actually some cheap knockoff, but I have no proof of that. Some people say it's great, other's have the same problem etc etc. Someone please suggest something?

a modded wii with no burned games is useless >.>

Sjaool

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.ubertastic.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Lite-On is no cheap knock-off.
wink.gif

The DW-D22A is not one of Sony's retail products, it is OEM only. It is the bulk version of the DRU-710A which is a Liteon SOHW-1633S. The DW-D22A should be easily convertable to the DRU-710A because Sony probably won't release many firmware updates for this drive.

You can always try to Google how to crossflash your drive.

silent sniper

!dennaB
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
well, I've been googling some stuff about this, and this whole crossflashing thing seems confusing, even when searching up more info about it.

Does anyone know how to do this? I'd like to crossflash it to the DRU-710A.

Lee79

Hyper...Active...Team Fortress 2 Addict
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
I flashed a Liteon drive in the past so it would burn duel layer discs .
Just download the "Sony DRU-710A (rebadged LiteOn SOHW-1633S/1653S). BYX5 - patched - crossflashing, multi-colored LED (for 1213S, 1613S, 1653S, etc.)"
http://codeguys.rpc1.org/firmwares.html from this page and run it if you want to try.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If your in ANY DOUBT ABOUT FLASHING then DO NOT ATTEMPT IT !!! you could potentially render the drive DEAD!!!!

my suggestion is try a LOWER burn speed and try different media!

some drives are pretty picky with media
frown.gif

make sure you also have the IMAPI burning turned off in XP you dont really need it unless your going to write PACKET CDS if you have no clue what that is .. then you prolly dont need to use it!

QUOTE said:
control panel > administrative tools > services > click on IMAPI cd burning > goto stop service

and also make sure you have installed the ASPI LAYER drivers by using force aspi to install them once installed reboot to complete the process
smile.gif

then try burning a dvd ... suggested programs to use NERO,NTI CD/DVD MAKER,IMGBURN,DISKJUGGLER,BURN@ONCE
smile.gif

anymore questions just ask
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Preservation yeah it absolutely should be legal +1