1. invidente7

OP invidente7 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Mexico
    When I was playing Tales of Inoccence, I noticed that the game randomly froze up at the worst time possible making me lose a lot of progress, at first I didn't made a big deal out of it since I didn't lose much but then I noticed that the froze-ups were a lot more frequent (more or less in interlaps of 1 hour and a half or so) and then it FUCKING FROZE UP AFTER I DEFEATED THE FINAL BOSS:hateit: (and man that boss was TOUGH) I did eventually beat that boss again but still...

Do you have any idea on why this keeps happening? :unsure:

2. Jayro

Jayro MediCat Dev and Gameboy Modder
    Developer

United States
    Perhaps your SD card is too slow? I recommend a class 10, they are still cheap.

3. Aeter

Aeter A walking contradiction

Netherlands
    Class 6 is more than sufficient. The transfer limits between DS and supercard won't make it go any faster with a class 10 card.
    Usually this problem occurs with cheap class 2 mSD cards.
    I recommend class 6 transcend cards since I've owned about 4 of them and none ever had any problems.

eyes likes this.
  4. reprep

reprep GBAtemp Advanced Fan

it might be a contact issue too.

5. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    Have you tried running it in clean mode? Nearly all games should work fine in patch mode but you never know.
    Maybe try a different MicroSD?
    It could be a contact issue but those aren't very common with the DSTWO.
    How new is your DSTWO? There were problems with a recent batch that were very similar to a contact issue, and there's nothing that can be done about those problems apart from a RMA.

Flashcarts rely more on read speed than write speed, which is always much higher than the class requirement. I've tested some Kingston cards to give 14MB/s read speed, which should be more than sufficient.
    I've heard it's in fact slower with higher class cards, so it shouldn't be an issue.

6. Kouen Hasuki

Kouen Hasuki Kouen the Cyber Husky

Norway
    Class 4 or 6 is more than enough I find

7. Jayro

Jayro MediCat Dev and Gameboy Modder
    Developer

United States
    All of my cards are Class 4, which work flawlessly... I don't know what else he could do, besides using a clean, untrimmed ROM for the game(s) that lock up and freeze.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - freezing, lately, DSTWO